Post pics of your Wedding Cake!

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#571 MJKH

MJKH
  • Site Supporter
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

Oh, that's so disappointing.  We've eaten there a couple of times and the food has been amazing.  But, I agree about the communication.  Last January I had e-mailed a request to have them do a birthday cake for my FI and didn't hear anything back EVER.

Originally Posted by StephyD 

We had our cake made by Turtle Bay Bakery in Tulum.  I would NOT recommend them at all.  Communication throughout the whole planning process was really bad.  I explained about a million times what I wanted and Jen, the owner, promised she understood.  Althought it was delicious (tres leche, vanilla buttercream and strawberry jam between the layers), it wasn't white (as requested) and the detailing on the cake just looked childish and not professional at all.  I feel I could have done a better job myself.

1st picture: inspiration I found on the forum somewhere.  The only change: I wanted real orchids instead of sugar flowers.

weddingcake1.jpg

2nd picture: our actual cake.  The color was an ugly beige, yellow orangey color.  The dots on the top and bottom tier were absolutely ugly and not even aligned.  Still, it's not a bad looking cake, just not what I expected from a profesionnal bakery.

s&s__2675.jpg

#572 MJKH

MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

Here's what we're aiming for...it will be done in buttercream...and we'll bring the chocolate seashells from home and guard them from the heat as best we can.  It will have our monogram at the top as well.  I think it's a reasonable expectation for the resorts' baker.  

wedding-cakes-pictures-with-shells1.jpg

#573 Jwed12

Jwed12
      • 251 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

Those are adorable!!!! Have you talked to your bakery yet? I'd be afraid they'd turn me down on those, but I absolutely love that idea! :)

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

This is my inspiration for my wedding "cakes"

JasmineStar0168.jpg

#574 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

I haven't yet but... this is a must in my wedding!!! haha they don't have the choice to say no!! LOL!!

Originally Posted by Jwed12 

Those are adorable!!!! Have you talked to your bakery yet? I'd be afraid they'd turn me down on those, but I absolutely love that idea! :)

#575 Jwed12

Jwed12
          • 251 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

Determination. Love it.

#576 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

I love these chocolates and considered incorporating them into the cake because theyre seashells but wasnt sure how!!! This is a great inspiration pic!!!!

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Here's what we're aiming for...it will be done in buttercream...and we'll bring the chocolate seashells from home and guard them from the heat as best we can.  It will have our monogram at the top as well.  I think it's a reasonable expectation for the resorts' baker.  

#577 Jwed12

Jwed12
              • 251 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

That is a really cute idea!!! One of those little chocolate seashells would also be a good topper for cupcakes... :)

#578 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

Very cute idea!! Cupcakes!! I am bringing down the chocolate seashells with me!! We are using the plan cake that the resort gives us for the cake cutting and putting those seashells all over the cake!! Then having a mini cakes for everybody during dinner!! Bringing cake boxes for the "free" cake for everybody to take back to their rooms!!

Originally Posted by Jwed12 

That is a really cute idea!!! One of those little chocolate seashells would also be a good topper for cupcakes... :)

#579 MJKH

MJKH
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 654 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

I thought this one was really cute and simple(?) too...would just switch for the guylian belgian chocolates...

#580 MJKH

MJKH
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 654 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Some more "chocolate seashell + cake" inspiration...

cc2-1.jpgchocoloate-seashells-sitting-on-cupcakes.jpgimages.jpegseashellcup.jpgWedding_Cake_06.284144416_std.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users