Photo

Post pics of your Wedding Cake!

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#511 STAC8228

STAC8228
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

Not our names but i saw this & LOVE it!!

large_image.jpg

#512 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Very cute & different!

Originally Posted by STAC8228 

Not our names but i saw this & LOVE it!!

large_image.jpg

#513 lshaef

lshaef
      • 170 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

I didn't have super high expectations with the wedding cake and we went with our resorts pastry chef and orchids from Eventos Euphoria.  It was nice, simple, clean looking.  Yummy but not the most beautiful.  Honestly, I am glad I didn't sweat it that much.  Dulce de leche... YUM

_MG_6701.jpg

#514 StephyD

StephyD
        • 342 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:49 AM

We had our cake made by Turtle Bay Bakery in Tulum.  I would NOT recommend them at all.  Communication throughout the whole planning process was really bad.  I explained about a million times what I wanted and Jen, the owner, promised she understood.  Althought it was delicious (tres leche, vanilla buttercream and strawberry jam between the layers), it wasn't white (as requested) and the detailing on the cake just looked childish and not professional at all.  I feel I could have done a better job myself.

1st picture: inspiration I found on the forum somewhere.  The only change: I wanted real orchids instead of sugar flowers.

weddingcake1.jpg

2nd picture: our actual cake.  The color was an ugly beige, yellow orangey color.  The dots on the top and bottom tier were absolutely ugly and not even aligned.  Still, it's not a bad looking cake, just not what I expected from a profesionnal bakery.

s&s__2675.jpg

#515 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
          • 465 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Wow- i would have expected something like that from the resort chef - not a professional bakery!
            You're right- its not horrible - but ya they should have come through a lot better than that!
            So sorry :(

Originally Posted by StephyD 

We had our cake made by Turtle Bay Bakery in Tulum.  I would NOT recommend them at all.  Communication throughout the whole planning process was really bad.  I explained about a million times what I wanted and Jen, the owner, promised she understood.  Althought it was delicious (tres leche, vanilla buttercream and strawberry jam between the layers), it wasn't white (as requested) and the detailing on the cake just looked childish and not professional at all.  I feel I could have done a better job myself.

1st picture: inspiration I found on the forum somewhere.  The only change: I wanted real orchids instead of sugar flowers.

weddingcake1.jpg

2nd picture: our actual cake.  The color was an ugly beige, yellow orangey color.  The dots on the top and bottom tier were absolutely ugly and not even aligned.  Still, it's not a bad looking cake, just not what I expected from a profesionnal bakery.

s&s__2675.jpg

#516 NA2015

NA2015
            • 170 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

So precious! :o)

#517 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
              • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

LOVE, love love this coral cake. It goes perfect with my colors and theme.  Too bad the resort said they can't do it :(  Boo.  

coral.cake.jpg

#518 snl2011

snl2011
                • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

what a gorgeous cake!  i haven't even asked my resort what they can and can't do....

#519 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
                  • 465 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

Very cool! Love it! So many great ideas on here!

#520 jude12

jude12
                    • Banned
                    • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

My wedding cake is very simple one and also less cost cake.That cake name is baby cakes.It is less in size and can serve the more number of guest.If you want this cake,it is inBaby-Show_It-is-a-Boy_PS1-700-S.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users