Post pics of your Wedding Cake!

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#191 purrfected

• 396 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

Ok, this is how my cake turned out. I had a white cake with fluffy white frosting and pink flowers cascading down the side. But this is the Jamaican interpretation of all of the pics that I sent her. I actually like it after I got over the fact it wasn't the cake that I wanted. It was delicious so that helped me get over it a whole lot quicker. The first layer was white cake with Baileys filling. Fabulous, the 2nd layer was a rum spice cake with a vanilla liqueur filling.I am a drinker and you could taste the alcohol, so I thought it was great. The top layer is in the freezer and I guess next year I will be surprized since I asked for a white cake with Baileys and the other layers to be plain white cake with vanilla filling!

Click the image to open in full size.

#192 itsfinallyhere

• 573 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

wow ladies those are all beautiful I would love to sit and taste them all, but would probably gain about a hundred ponds! They all look so tasty. I can't wait to see my options.

#193 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by JOSIE
        you need at least 200 posts.
        I think it's only 150?

Originally Posted by islandbride317
        Much like the original poster GeminiLibra, I also wanted something totally different, but then when I went through this thread again, my eyes completely opened to this chic, beautiful cake!

I just showed it to my FI, and he's fully on-board with doing this cake...the only difference is I want the flowers to match my bouquet, instead of the green cymbidium orchids shown here. So you know what my flowers look like, here they are so you can envision them on the cake!

Click the image to open in full size.

I think it will look magnificent!
        Christie - I agree that this cake is beautiful and perfect for a DW - but did you see the pictures the bride posted showing how her cake really turned out? Just don't want you to be disappointed But if you are sure that the resort can duplicate the cake, I think ti would be beautiful with the orchids in your color!
        Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#194 Candice

• 223 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

Ladies these cakes are awesome...you have given us a lot to think about!! :) Thanks for posting.
          50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#195 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the warning, Heather! I am going to look through again to see how GeminiLibra's actual cake turned out (I only saw the inspiration pic she posted as of yet), but I am thinking of having the cake for my AHR, not for the actual ceremony in JA, so hopefully it will turn out ok!

As always, good looking out, and I appreciate the head's up!

#196 lrfriendly

• 113 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

I love the cakes with the shells on them. Do they melt in the sun??
              33 Booked!!

#197 t&kJanuary2010

• 196 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

I am hoping my resort comes through...has anyone had cakes done at Barcelo Palace. We get a 2 deckers with our package but were thinking of upgrading it to a bigger cake. Any thoughts?

#198 t&kJanuary2010

• 196 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

Cattie..I like both of those pics!

#199 t&kJanuary2010

• 196 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

I am not a big cake person either...and I agree with all the drinking I would really want to eat it...but I do want a cake to look nice if I am paying for it..LOL.

#200 luciel2820

• 474 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:41 PM

i love this thread it made me soo hungry and now im starting my search for what i want my cake to look like :) thanks girls for all the ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users