Anyone Made Their Own Veil?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:19 PM

I'm thinking about making my own veil (maybe I'm insane) anyone made their own? If so please share! ----> (Me and Myself for wanting to make my veil LOL)

#2 chicklet

chicklet
    • 718 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Davematthews16
      I'm thinking about making my own veil (maybe I'm insane) anyone made their own? If so please share! ----> (Me and Myself for wanting to make my veil LOL)
      My mom is making mine. We were looking at them in the bridal shop and its just tooling and some beading/ribbon or whatever.
      I don't think it would be that hard and definitely a lot cheaper.
      go for it :)

#3 beth

beth
      • 128 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

I don't think I'm going to wear a veil. We are getting married on the beach and I'm sure it will be windy and I'm afraid it will be more of a distraction for me than it's worth.
        Good luck making it though!

#4 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
        • 308 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

A friend of mine is making mine. She took one look at the veils at the bridal salons and she said she could do it at a fraction of the cost. It is so cheap to make (just a simple veil on a comb) that she said if I choose not to wear it, it is no big deal.

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

I am going to make mine. Mine should be pretty easy it is going to be a 1T cathedral veil no clip or anything I like it plan. They want $150 at the salon and I can probably make it for $30. There is a lot of help online here is one site Making a Veil
            Good Luck
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

WOO HOO! Glad I'm not the only one with this thought! Yeah, definetely a lot cheaper to make it! I am also getting married on the beach and was worried about it blowing around. They said if I got a "fingertip length it should be fine" So, if I make my own, save a few $$ and it's windy and driving me nuts I'll just take it off and it won't be a big deal! Thanks for the tips ladies!!

#7 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:34 AM

also just FYI if your DIY veil doesnt turn out so hot, you can get an awesome fingertip length veil at Click the image to open in full size.

you can see more photos of my veils if you go to my blog. i spent like $80 for 2 veils including shipping and a garment bag for them!

#8 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
              • Banned
              • 1,051 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura
                also just FYI if your DIY veil doesnt turn out so hot, you can get an awesome fingertip length veil at Click the image to open in full size.

you can see more photos of my veils if you go to my blog. i spent like $80 for 2 veils including shipping and a garment bag for them!
                Awesome thanks so much!!!

#9 aeroo

aeroo
                • 153 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:15 AM

There are a bunch of ebay stores that sell veils and the quality is quite good. I got mine for $25, including shipping!

#10 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                  • Banned
                  • 1,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:43 PM

So I went to the craft store yesterday and got all my veil materials. At first I was starring at this big pile of fluffy tulle and was like OMG where do I start? I DON'T know how to sew anything. Needless to say I assembled my entire veil last night and am now working on the small details. I'm outlining it with a cord, and adding beads that match my dress. I'm excited to post my pictures!!! Hopefully I can be a sewing fool and have them up tonight!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO glad I decided to make it myself! This way it's like custom made to match my dress. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users