• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by riviera
    3-4 pina coladas sounds like FUN!!!! That is the kind of vacation I want to be in!!!!!

I will be staying at Le Meridien for the first two nights, then one night at Paradisus.. I was hoping that I will get a sense of an AI and a non AI this way. I am planning to have the tour and meetings with WC on Saturday, and sunday we will spend some time to get a sense of Cancun downtown and visit some travel agencies to see if there are good activity packages I could do with guests. and then on Monday would be the paradisus WC meeting and then we are off back home! I am just hoping I can fit all this in!!!

Do you think it is safe to drive there? I had some warnings about corrupt cops eyeing on tourists... Is this true? should I be concerned? I was hoping that I could visit Costco and walmart, and I think we may need a car to get to these places.. no?

anna
    I definitely would not rent a car there.. public transportation is much better. When possible, take the bus. They run every couple of minutes and its cheap. Taxi would be next but they're a little more money. You can haggle with the guy a bit if you think it's too much for a short distance.

#32 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

I still haven't heard from Jessica.. its been 4 days. Grrrrrrrrrrr

#33 riviera

riviera
      • 108 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JennyK
        I still haven't heard from Jessica.. its been 4 days. Grrrrrrrrrrr
        Jenny,

Last time I heard from her was Monday afternoon. She mentioned she has a big wedding for Saturday afternoon. I suppose she is crazy busy with that wedding? Hopefully she will get back to you soon..........

anna
        http://i305.photobuc....tled-1copy.jpg
        Cancun beach at Le Meridien~*

#34 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
          Jenny,

Last time I heard from her was Monday afternoon. She mentioned she has a big wedding for Saturday afternoon. I suppose she is crazy busy with that wedding? Hopefully she will get back to you soon..........

anna
          yea I'll wait a little longer until emailing her again

#35 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
            Jenny,

anna
            do you have her number by any chance?

#36 riviera

riviera
            • 108 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JennyK
              do you have her number by any chance?
              The number I have is

JESSICA PANTOJA GERENTE DE VENTAS | SALES MANAGER

T: 52-998-881-2225 F: 52-998-881-2246

She responded today to my e-mail regards to tasting this saturday. Wonder why she is not responding to your e-mail.. hmm.....

#37 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:54 AM

Quote:
                The number I have is

JESSICA PANTOJA GERENTE DE VENTAS | SALES MANAGER

T: 52-998-881-2225 F: 52-998-881-2246

She responded today to my e-mail regards to tasting this saturday. Wonder why she is not responding to your e-mail.. hmm.....
                I left her a voicemail.. I told her to email me again. If I don't get any response by this weekend I'm going to call her again. Clara ALWAYS responded to me

#38 riviera

riviera
                • 108 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

Jenny, sorry to hear that! That is awful.. When I see her tomorrow, I will mention it to her! Quick question! What is the best way to get to Le Meridien from the cancun airport? The hotel's car service is $80 US??

#39 JennyK

JennyK
                  • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

Quote:
                    Jenny, sorry to hear that! That is awful.. When I see her tomorrow, I will mention it to her! Quick question! What is the best way to get to Le Meridien from the cancun airport? The hotel's car service is $80 US??
                    The hotel charges $80 for a transfer?! I wouldn't pay that much. I'd check with your TA that you booked your trip with if she can set up a transfer for you. If not, when you get out of customs, on your left hand side before you walk out the doors to go outside, you'll see a ton of people (90% are trying to sell you a timeshare, DO NOT stop for them!) but if you see van services or car services, ask them how much. I paid for me and my FI $30 round trip.

#40 JennyK

JennyK
                    • 3,502 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users