Something you wish you would have packed?
Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:18 PM
Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:23 PM
Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:56 PM
Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:30 AM
1. Pumice stone - I figured walking around in the sand would keep my feet smooth, but not so ...
2. Small first aid kit - I brought band-aids and neosporin which we did use, but we had a minor parasailing incident and some peroxide would've been soooo much nicer than the alcohol the office had on hand.
3. Sports bras - the humidity made wearing a regular bra miserable and a sports bra would've been perfect during the day under a tank top.
4. "Mudding" clothes - we didn't decide on excursions until we got there and I was completely unprepared for the dune buggy trip through the mud. I had to suck it up and and be prepared to ruin a pair of shorts. Luckily, I did have my DIY "bride" tank which I didn't plan to wear again so that was an easy sacrifice.
5. My own shampoo - the resort shampoo didn't lather up very well
Things I packed and didn't use:
1. Bug spray
2. "Club" style tops
3. Dark colored shirts
Things I'm glad I packed:
1. Too much sunscreen!!! It turned out not to be too much really and sunscreen at the gift shop was $33 USD
2. Lots of ziploc bags (several gallon size)
3. A book
4. Insulated cups/mugs - these were great out in the sun for keeping our drinks cold and the bartenders always filled them up for us without hesitation!
5. Lots of $1 bills for tips - it was an all-inclusive resort, but the service was always just a little bit better when we tipped (especially bartenders, butler service guys, etc.) and having plenty of singles on hand made this MUCH simpler.
Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:54 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users