Photo

Something you wish you would have packed?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#81 MrsGin09

MrsGin09
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

great thread! so useful! hopefully i can be realistic and not travel with 8 pairs of heels for no reason!

#82 A2Bride

A2Bride
    • 676 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:43 AM

Great thread...I am definitely taking notes for the future...love the chalk idea!

#83 march132010

march132010
      • 1,057 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

Great great great great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#84 jenniebey

jenniebey
        • 842 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for all the tips, ladies! I'm going to try to keep the shoe situation under control! It's gonna be hard though.

#85 jenniebey

jenniebey
          • 842 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for all the tips, ladies! I'm going to try to keep the shoe situation under control! It's gonna be hard though.

#86 KimmyG

KimmyG
            • 520 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

I'm anticipating that I must pack BUG spray or I will be very sorry. Bugs seem to flock to me. Would Riviera Maya brides agree that this is worth the space in the suitcase? Not sure how is the bug situation down there, ha

#87 spazycat6454

spazycat6454
              • 161 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for all the great tips!

#88 eloping789

eloping789
                • 290 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

Things I should have packed:

1. Pumice stone - I figured walking around in the sand would keep my feet smooth, but not so ...

2. Small first aid kit - I brought band-aids and neosporin which we did use, but we had a minor parasailing incident and some peroxide would've been soooo much nicer than the alcohol the office had on hand.

3. Sports bras - the humidity made wearing a regular bra miserable and a sports bra would've been perfect during the day under a tank top.

4. "Mudding" clothes - we didn't decide on excursions until we got there and I was completely unprepared for the dune buggy trip through the mud. I had to suck it up and and be prepared to ruin a pair of shorts. Luckily, I did have my DIY "bride" tank which I didn't plan to wear again so that was an easy sacrifice.

5. My own shampoo - the resort shampoo didn't lather up very well

Things I packed and didn't use:

1. Bug spray

2. "Club" style tops

3. Dark colored shirts

Things I'm glad I packed:

1. Too much sunscreen!!! It turned out not to be too much really and sunscreen at the gift shop was $33 USD

2. Lots of ziploc bags (several gallon size)

3. A book

4. Insulated cups/mugs - these were great out in the sun for keeping our drinks cold and the bartenders always filled them up for us without hesitation!

5. Lots of $1 bills for tips - it was an all-inclusive resort, but the service was always just a little bit better when we tipped (especially bartenders, butler service guys, etc.) and having plenty of singles on hand made this MUCH simpler.

#89 *~Tara~*

*~Tara~*
                  • 56 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

Thanks so much everyone! These tips are so helpful!

#90 ashey063009

ashey063009
                    • 604 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:54 AM

Jocelyn had a GENIUS idea-- for those girls who have had the issues with adapters / converters ---- A cordless straightener!! Sure with I'd brought this with me to Cuba. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users