Photo

Something you wish you would have packed?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#91 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

For cruise bride I'd say bring an extension cord as there is only one plug in the room, and in you have balcony room bring a bungee cord to keep the door open overnight.
    I also bring a travel bottle of febreze to freshen the room up...

#92 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ashey063009
      Jocelyn had a GENIUS idea-- for those girls who have had the issues with adapters / converters ---- A cordless straightener!! Sure with I'd brought this with me to Cuba. :)
      I honestly don't bother with my straightner anymore. My hair is thick and wavy so it just gets all fuzzy and yucky with the humidity when I try to straighten it. It just takes up room in the suitcase for nothing! lol

#93 Chanti

Chanti
      • 310 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lisaloo79
        I honestly don't bother with my straightner anymore. My hair is thick and wavy so it just gets all fuzzy and yucky with the humidity when I try to straighten it. It just takes up room in the suitcase for nothing! lol
        LOL I agree Lisa!! I didn't bother for our 2 week stay to bring it...

I would have brought more Advil. I only had about 10, and they charge an arm and a leg at the resort. Luckily our mothers were arriving 5 days after us and brought me a whole bottle! I had injured my ankle so needed a lot more than originally anticipated...

#94 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
        • 445 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

Thank you all for this thread. It really helped me with my packing.

I was prepared for every part of our trip. We were there for 11 days and I had everything I needed except not enough of the following.

The one type item I didn't pack enough (I only brought a couple) but fortunately had family coming a few days later so they brought them to me was enough Sarongs and cover ups. I should of brought every one I had because I lived in bathings suits, flip flops, and sarongs every day during the day from the time I got up till we wanted to go to dinner.

The couple I had was not enough because things had a problem drying in Cancun. AND I had a problem putting on cold wet items first thing in the morning.

#95 s_katrese

s_katrese
          • 182 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

thanks ladies for the information I feel more prepared.

#96 *Krista*

*Krista*
            • 819 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

This is a great thread, does anyone else have any more ideas of must bring things?
              July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#97 RonNMel

RonNMel
              • 388 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

Awesome thread. I like being prepared.

#98 NaM

NaM
                • 2,256 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

Bug spray is a good one!! I bought 2 bottles at the hotel and paid way too much.

Ivory bar soap was also a lifesaver....great for getting stains out of dresses!!

#99 poohshek

poohshek
                  • 1,456 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

It would be OFF! insect repellent!!! Several of us got attacked by the vicious bugs.

#100 doneill01

doneill01
                    • 23 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

our last beach vacation i forgot my bronzer powder (or didnt bring it bc i figured i actually be getting a real tan) and after a few days of being in the sun all day my makeup was too light for my skin and i really wish i would have had this to fix this problem!!! it especially was noticable in pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users