All-Inclusive Restrictions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
  • VIP Member
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

How exactly does the All-Inclusive plan at resorts work? I know different resorts have different policies, but I'm curious about some of the "in's and out's" of AI plans. For example, I read a review on a website where the person was talking about checking in and some of her guests were "Gold" standard and got more "dinner vouchers", and another person commenting on having to make dinner reservations 2 days in advance for the a la carte restaurants, etc... So I'm starting to get the impression that going AI isn't as simple as just walking from your room to the restaurant you want to dine in and actually getting seated and served.

What has everyone's experience been with the different resorts for these policies?

#2 lambert13

lambert13
    • 901 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:02 PM

The AI policy at each resort can be different.I have even read about some resorts that issue 3 meal tickets and a few drink vouchers per day. Anything beyond that you have to pay for. Usually the resort website will spell out their policy for you.

I am staying at Dreams Tulum, which in my understanding, alows unlimited everything. I did not want to get tied up with vouchers or restrictions.

Are you looking at a particular resort? I am sure that someone here has either stayed there or could help out with the resort policies.

#3 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

So far, the 2 we're trying to get info back from are Dreams PV and Club Marival in Neuvo Vallarta. But at this point, we're open to other resorts too. We haven't made our final decision on which resort to get married at.

#4 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

I believe that all the Dreams resorts work the same. They are unlimited everything. However you may need to make reservations for restaurant dining, I'm not sure. Someone around here will know though.
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:30 PM

This is directly off the Dreams PV website - my assumption and understanding is defiitely that it's unlimited, and I'd be pretty upset to hear otherwise at this point!

Immerse in our unparalleled Unlimited-Luxury® oasis – where everything is included. Relax in a lush tropical paradise secluded in its own private beach cove. Delight in our world class spas while your youngsters stay enthralled at the supervised Explorer’s Club. Dine in our many international gourmet restaurants, enjoy your very own private beach, and be a part of our star-filled evening activities.

Unlimited-Luxury, a new and better way to have it all.

Inclusions:
            24 hour Unlimited-Luxury room service
            No wristbands
            Theme parties, ocean-front bars & entertainment venues
            Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks
            Unlimited premium and domestic brand beverages
            Pool & beach wait service
            No reservations at specialty restaurants
            Live nightly entertainment
            Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks each day boasting five ¡ la carte restaurants and four bars including Italian, Seafood, Pan-Asian and Mexican cuisine with no reservations required
            Explorer’s Club with supervised activities for children featuring sandcastle competitions, arts & crafts, movies on the beach on our big screen TV, and ocean trampoline. There are even weekly campout adventures complete with tents and a campfire!
            Banquet facilities
            Daily activities including dance lessons, surfing/boogie boarding, beach volleyball and pool games, just to name a few!
            Rock climbing
            Three swimming pools and three Jacuzzis
            Tennis clinics
            All taxes & gratuities
            Fitness Center – Bicycles, Stairmaster, Treadmill, Nautilus equipment, and free weights
            Aerobic classes
            Mini-bar refreshed daily with bottled water, beer, soft drinks and juice

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

dreams is very relaxed...you do not need to make reservations and i had no problem eating when i wanted to...even with a big group...

some of the resorts have only ala carte restaurants so getting your prime dinner time at certain resorts can be tricky w/o a reservation...but for me it really was a non-issue because i tend to eat later when on vacation (after 8pm) because my day just sort of starts later (breakfast at 10:30, then lunch at 2-3pm etc.)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
            • 554 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

Does anyone know how the All-inclusive meal plan works at El Dorado Seaside? I read on one site that there is 5 a la carte restaurants, but then in the AI section it listed access to only 3.
              Is this true? or was it just out of date information?
              Thanks!!

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

Another thing to check into is what hours each resort serves food and drink. All resorts are not 24 hour inclusive, but many are. Some include room service and some do not even offer it.

The first time we went to an AI, we assumed it included everything all the time and it didn't. We weren't misinformed really, we just didn't ask the specifics beforehand.

And believe me, when you're drunk and hungry at 10pm and your AI resort is telling you they don't serve food again until 7am, you'll wish you asked ahead!!!!!!!!!

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

You really need to read throught every hotel's AI policy. I've been to many AI's in Mexico (my parents only traveled in Mexico when I was a kid). We haven't experiance meal tickets but we have gone to a couple of AI's which handed out different color wrist bands. Depending on what package you purchased you have more restrictions than others. Other hotels will offer room service with a fee or only until a certain time. OR they will say AI but you would have to pay extra for lobstor or prime meat.

We are also staying at Dreams PV and it will be the first which is a true AI!! I'm so excited!!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:25 PM

dreams is great because they are a true AI...no wristbands...no reservations...food ALL-DAY long...even when you don't order it...they even had afternoon tea with all these mini pastries/cakes out...

it was awesome! chips, guac and salsa all day long...then we had poker parties and would order hamburgers/tacos/cheesecakes in the middle of the night...so awesome!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users