Photo

TTD waterproof make up

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 lucy106

lucy106
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

I couldnt find a thread specific to trash the dress make up so I thought I would start one...looking to get advice, experiences, opinions etc on what to do for make up for this fun photo session. I am hoping to wear a little bit of make up at least mascara, maybe some foundation, lipstick (love cover girl outlast) and is it possible to throw on some eye shadow? Is there such a thing as waterproof foundation and eye shadow? Thanks for your help!

#2 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
    • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:43 AM

I did mine without any makeup at all. I like the natural look of it plus I had less than 5 minutes to get ready and I just hopped out of the shower and went. You will look great no matter what!!

#3 DreaW

DreaW
      • Banned
      • 2,462 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

I really didn't have any makeup on also. I had a bit of concelor(sp?) on but once you get in the water it gets washed up... I think natural is the best especially with a good tan.
        here is a pic of me....during my TTD
        Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

I am doing eyelash extensions, so my eyelashes look like they have mascara on them and long. Other than that I don't plan on wearing any makeup.

#5 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Lancome has the best waterproof eyeliner. There is one from Mybelline, I think, but it isn't as good.

I'll be wearing fake eyelashes with waterproof glue for the wedding and the TTD.

I'm not planning a ton of make-up, but do want to brighten my face a little. I'm guessing any of the Color Stay makeups will work well for as long as you will be in the water. I'm sure that you won't get your full 12 hours of wear, but it should last long enough to get you through the shoot.

#6 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

Not to change the topic...but does anyone have tips on the fake eyelashes? The only time I've worn them, they were applied by a professional make up person, but i'd like to wear them for the wedding and TTD
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:05 PM

Here is a thread all about them...

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t15119

#8 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

OOooh, thanks :)
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#9 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                  • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

I saw in my People Style-Watch magazine an article called "melt-proof makeup" and they recommended Clarins "Fix' Make-Up" for $25:

"A refreshing mist that sets make-up and prolongs its hold, while providing a feeling of instant freshness and well-being. Also provides continuous hydration and comfort."

I was thinking of trying it out for both wedding day and TTD.

#10 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                    • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

I saw in my People Style-Watch magazine an article called "melt-proof makeup" and they recommended Clarins "Fix' Make-Up" for $25:

"A refreshing mist that sets make-up and prolongs its hold, while providing a feeling of instant freshness and well-being. Also provides continuous hydration and comfort."

I was thinking of trying it out for both wedding day and TTD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users