tips for outdoor wedding shower in heat wave

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

sooo, our couple's shower is on saturday and the east coast is facing a heat wave with temps 90+ and wicked humidity. there are 60 people coming to the shower, which is outside in my parents yard. there is zero chance of moving it inside. i guess the good thing is we have no elderly people coming. i'm stressing a little over this because i just don't want anyone to be extremely uncomfortable.

here's what we've done so far:
    -rented enough tents to cover all of the tables so people will be shaded
    -made up a toiletry basket for the bathroom so everyone can refresh a bit when they go inside
    -tons of water
    -reminding those that are coming to the wedding that it will be worse in mexico in july

any other ideas?? we are definately running low on time

#2 LisaG

• VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

What about setting up some fans in a few places so people have a place to go to get a little relief without having to go inside.

#3 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

oohh...what about some of those Evian misters on the tables. It's the only thing I can think of aside from installing a fountain by tomorrow :P

I think the tents are a good idea. If you can get fans, that's great. Good luck!!! Just make sure no one overexerts themselves. And take lots of pics :)

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#4 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:47 AM

Along the lines of those evian misters, you can also get those spray bottles with fans attached usually for cheap at a Walgreens or something similar. We put ice cubes in them in the summer, it helps :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users