Sign in to follow this  
katrina

tips for outdoor wedding shower in heat wave

sooo, our couple's shower is on saturday and the east coast is facing a heat wave with temps 90+ and wicked humidity. there are 60 people coming to the shower, which is outside in my parents yard. there is zero chance of moving it inside. i guess the good thing is we have no elderly people coming. i'm stressing a little over this because i just don't want anyone to be extremely uncomfortable.

here's what we've done so far:

-rented enough tents to cover all of the tables so people will be shaded

-made up a toiletry basket for the bathroom so everyone can refresh a bit when they go inside

-tons of water

-reminding those that are coming to the wedding that it will be worse in mexico in july wink.gif

any other ideas?? we are definately running low on time smile43.gif

What about setting up some fans in a few places so people have a place to go to get a little relief without having to go inside.

oohh...what about some of those Evian misters on the tables. It's the only thing I can think of aside from installing a fountain by tomorrow :P

I think the tents are a good idea. If you can get fans, that's great. Good luck!!! Just make sure no one overexerts themselves. And take lots of pics :)

Along the lines of those evian misters, you can also get those spray bottles with fans attached usually for cheap at a Walgreens or something similar. We put ice cubes in them in the summer, it helps :)