Photo

My Aunt went to the hospital last night.....

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

OMG I can't believe how scary this must have all been for you and your family, Rachel.
    I really hope that they can sort out what care she needs and what medication she needs to get her back on track so she can begin to take control of her anxiety. It sounds like she lives farther away from the city in a large country area. I would have thought that that would help anxiety - but then again, the grass is always greener to me!

As someone who has anxiety, I know how much it can affect your body firsthand, but this is the most serious I've ever heard.

I hope that you are all able to do something about getting the hospital in mega trouble for the way they treated your aunt too. I'd be tempted to put out a call for the people who were in the ER that day, so you have some witnesses too.

What a nightmare. Stay strong.

#82 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

Sorry to hear there's no "real" news to report. Stupid hospital...

What's the plan from here on out?

Thinking positive thoughts for you!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#83 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

Right now Jaime- no big plans. She is to see the neurologist on Thurs and hopefully from the testing they conducted he is able to determine what the issue is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they figure it out.

Seriously though- the most infuriating part is she won't listen to anyone. She keeps trying to do things on her own and won't ask for help. I get that- a bunch of my family members are like that. STUBBORN. But really- if you sometimes randomly pass out or loose control of your body, would you be standing over a stove cooking? Ugh- she is just so frustrating right now. I even took her like 20 movies so she can just relax and watch movies all day. I don't even think she has watched one!
        Happily married since 2008

#84 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          Seriously though- the most infuriating part is she won't listen to anyone. She keeps trying to do things on her own and won't ask for help. I get that- a bunch of my family members are like that. STUBBORN. But really- if you sometimes randomly pass out or loose control of your body, would you be standing over a stove cooking? Ugh- she is just so frustrating right now. I even took her like 20 movies so she can just relax and watch movies all day. I don't even think she has watched one!
          My FI is like that and he's not ill!! maybe its just a reaction - she's probably really scared. Hopefully once she knows what is going on she will calm down and things will be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users