95 replies to this topic

#41 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FutureMrsB
    Ok, I must be a complete idiot because I didn't know that "see you next Tuesday" was a euphemism for the "c" word. Thats why I love BDW, such a wonderful wealth of knowledge!!!
    Me too! I swear I learn so much here!

#42 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:36 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Yari
      Me too! I swear I learn so much here!
      Me three, haha!

I still don't know what "qwim" means!

#43 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:37 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amyh
        Me three, haha!

I still don't know what "kwim" means!
        edit: I just realized it, haha! Know What I Mean! OMG I am so slow!

#44 happyone

happyone
        • 223 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by melody
          I guess I am in the minority because I would never say the "c" word or maybe it's just a generation thing. I think "we" women have come such a long way but still want some respect. And the way to get it IMHO is to respect ourselves:)
          I am studying to become a linguist and we believe that words themselves are not bad. They are arbitrary assignments to real world concepts. People make the words bad.

#45 happyone

happyone
          • 223 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

In addition to my last comment, Melody. I still choose not to use that word. I understand that the word may be vulgar and offensive to you (understandably). Other people may find it acceptable in their dialects, however.

#46 EricaG

EricaG
            • 1,915 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:33 AM

I saw that thread that said 'see you next tuesday' and I was wondering what was up with that, bu tnow I know!!! LOL.

I can at times have a truckers mouth myself, but with my daughter being 3, I am trying really hard to control it. If I let something slip in front of her, I correct it right away with something else like 'frig' 'darn' 'shoot'. There is one other cover up word that I used that everyone laughs at, but of course I can't think of it right now!!!
              http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#47 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by melody
                You may be right, but t is a sad day when a woman uses that word to describe another.
                One might argue that it's a sad day when a woman does something worthy of being called that word, but to each their own opinions :)

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ethrondson
                I can at times have a truckers mouth myself, but with my daughter being 3, I am trying really hard to control it. If I let something slip in front of her, I correct it right away with something else like 'frig' 'darn' 'shoot'. There is one other cover up word that I used that everyone laughs at, but of course I can't think of it right now!!!
                LOL I have a few that I use around the young or sensitive..."Blast!" for the S word..."Freak" "Flip" or "Frick" for the F word...and "Beep" for the B word. They work in a pinch :)

#48 caroline

caroline
                • 697 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

I'm Irish. And (not to generalize) Irish folk, swear like troopers! One might say, "nice ****ing day out, isn't it?!" and there is no offense intended. The C-word gets bandied around quite a bit too...

#49 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:11 AM

I think everyone missed my point! I don't care that the "c" word was used...I was stating the one time I log on from work I read a thread with that word in it and that it served me right for logging on from work!

I am logged on right now from work....being very careful opening threads! ha!

#50 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Just Martha
                      I think everyone missed my point! I don't care that the "c" word was used...I was stating the one time I log on from work I read a thread with that word in it and that it served me right for logging on from work!

I am logged on right now from work....being very careful opening threads! ha!
                      I got your point, we just majorly highjacked your thread - sorry!

And BTW what are you doing logging on at work again? HAHA I'll refrain from cursing just in case they are on you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users