Photo

ROR Receptions

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

Jill, do you know if they will set that all up for us if we are NOT going to have dinner there? I wonder if thats do-able and how much that would be....Haha too bad my wedding wasnt a day after yours so I could see how yours looked from afar!!! I guess you can do that for yourself, if I am able to have something set up by the pool without having the dinner...:)

#12 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
    • 302 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

April09bride- her email is: weddings.ori@riu.com

#13 Jill

Jill
      • 113 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

Marnie,

I dont know if you can set up by the pool if you are not having dinner, just email Chandlyn and ask her. She was quick to reply to me. I imagine you probably can but I dont know for sure!

#14 cantwaittobemrs

cantwaittobemrs
        • 148 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:14 PM

I didn't see any poolside receptions while we were there. There were 2 at the Seagrape though. I think it would be a blast to have one there, but one word of warning, and I am not sure if it has to do with the time of year, but there are a TON of sand fleas. We got bit up the entire time we were there. Saturday at the Beach party we were all down there and people were bit up from their toes to their faces. One girl with us had, I am not exaggerating, 30 flea bites on the back of one leg. My MIL got 4 bites on her cheeks by her eyes. Even during our wedding we saw them all jumping around. It was pretty disgusting!

#15 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cantwaittobemrs
            I didn't see any poolside receptions while we were there. There were 2 at the Seagrape though. I think it would be a blast to have one there, but one word of warning, and I am not sure if it has to do with the time of year, but there are a TON of sand fleas. We got bit up the entire time we were there. Saturday at the Beach party we were all down there and people were bit up from their toes to their faces. One girl with us had, I am not exaggerating, 30 flea bites on the back of one leg. My MIL got 4 bites on her cheeks by her eyes. Even during our wedding we saw them all jumping around. It was pretty disgusting!
            DANG! We didn't have that problem when we were there, but that's crazy! Does OFF work for fleas?
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#16 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
            • 186 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

Does anyone know the price of the entertainment for the reception...i.e..
              flame throwers, dancers etc...?

#17 amagee

amagee
              • 129 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

We have a lot of people coming with us, and we really didn't want to spend much money. so I was wondering if we don't book an official reception, what other things there are for us to do? Like at the lobby bar, or just somewhere we can all get some drinks? I don't think my group are big dancers?

#18 msasfraz

msasfraz
                • 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:12 PM

what did you guys do for the fleas....

i think Marsha had entertainment at her reception dinner.... the pricing for that would be awesome...i hope some of this stuff is included w/ the reception cost....

#19 cantwaittobemrs

cantwaittobemrs
                  • 148 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

We all had bug spray on us, and it didn't seem to work for the fleas, but you know bugs, they all seem to find the one spot you might have missed! While we were there we couldn't find anything that kept them away... We had a few people bring bug spray, so we used that, but none of tried the cheap brand of bug spray at the hotel shops since it was $10.

#20 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                    • 302 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

For those of you interested in a poolside reception, I have more information from Chandlyn..

You can have a pool side reception after your dinner in a restaurant..The Poolside offers a set up of tables and chairs, lights and candles at a cost of US 5 per person. Open bar comes at a cost of US10 persons. This is available from 6:30pm -10:30pm. The DJ is at an additional cost of US 150 per hour.

Does anyone know if there is more than one DJ?! Or if there is a place to set up a cd player or IPOD around the pool? I guess I should have asked Chandlyn about this....

Im assuming if they can get a cd player on the beach for the ceremony, they will be able to set up a cd by the pool....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users