Photo

ROR Receptions

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Ellie

Ellie
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:31 AM

I have read a few times about beach and poolside receptions, does anyone know if they are doing this at ROR? If so is there minimum numbers or additional costs involved??

This site is so amazing, I do not know what I would have done without it!

#2 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
    • 584 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:24 AM

I'm may or may not be of some help. I am personally not having a reception. I have read that you can rent Seagrape - on the beach - for your reception and I have read a few talk about the "disco".

I'm sure some of the brides here can be of more assistance

#3 juanslake

juanslake
      • 111 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

You can have a beach reception through Seagrape. I thought about doing that but, I think it will be too cumbersome when we try to dance on the sand. I would like a poolside reception but I haven't heard if that is an option.

#4 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
        • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

I believe the pool and the beach are both about $50 pp for a bbq menu reception. Joceyln had the beach reception, i think there are pics in her review and her slideshow is posted here, it was gorgeous: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21611
          See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#5 Jill

Jill
          • 113 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

Hi!

You can have a poolside reception, I have been emailing Chandlyn about this option. It is set up around the Infinity pool, dinner cannot start til 630. It is a buffet meal. I have not been able to see any pictures of the set up though. the cost is $50.00 pp, then you have to rent a dj etc if you want one!

hope this helps!

#6 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
            • 933 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

i had dinner at the plantation. then we went to the seagrape where it was 10pp and 150 an hour for the DJ. the bonfire was an additional 150. great, great, great time!
              My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#7 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
              • 302 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:41 PM

The Seagrape is already booked out for my wedding day, so after our dinner at Mammee, Chandlyn said we can rent the disco or have a poolside reception....I thought I would check around here before asking her more info on the poolside reception...We arent planning on having dinner around the pool but more a place where we can sit around and drink if we want, have our first dance, etc.....We dont want to do the disco because we don't overly have that many people going and the people that arent going are more on the elder side that wouldnt be into the dancing as much...But I was wondering if a bar was set up outside around the pool so we could have a little reception type deal? I do think it would be pretty with the lights and all, and plus I have to work with what I have got so its either poolside (if we can have something without the dinner) or nothing at all....Anyone know more info about this?

#8 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:20 AM

I didn't see any poolside receptions when i was there, but I can tell you that there is a bar at both pools and they are normally closed at nighttime b/c the pools close at dark to be treated so it would still be private. And there is plenty of space, you can just move the chairs and tables around to make a dance floor space. They had christmas lights in different colors wrapped around the columns by the bar one night.
                  See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#9 April09bride

April09bride
                  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

Hi Marnie. Could you send me Chandlyn's direct e-mail address? I tried sending an e-mail to weddings07@riu.com thinking that was Chandlyn's e-mail address because that was listed on the Riu website for the ROR but they told me I couldn't book the Disco,etc until 1-2 months before my wedding date which is April 30,09. I see that u are getting married also in April 2009 & were told the sea grape was already booked so I wanted to try again. It looks as though most of the brides on this site booked their receptions prior to 1-2 months before their wedding dates & I don't want everything to be all booked up because I waited too long. I would appreciate it:) Thanks:)

#10 Jill

Jill
                    • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

Marnie

I am getting married April 22 2009 and I am having a poolside reception. We are having dinner by the pool too. What I can tell you is that Chandlyn has emailed me saying they set up white round tables (that seat . They set up flood lights and small lights. You can have a dj there and they will set up a dance floor, they also set up a full bar with a bartender.

Anymore questions let me know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users