Dallas BDW Meetup - Saturday, August 16th! *Updated with PICS! Pgs. 11-12*

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:22 AM

*EDIT* We've ended up having to change the date a few times but the final date it set for the evening of Saturday, August 16th. Be there or be square!

OK so I know we talked about this awhile back but we need to get it together! Look how many meetings some of the other groups have done... we need to catch up!

So how about this, I'm just going to set a place. (I figure the fewer options we have the more realistic that we all end up getting together! ) Since we're coming from all over the metroplex (from Ft. Worth to Denton!) I say we meet in Uptown Dallas. How about Primo's on McKinney?? I'll check to see if they take reservations. If not we may have to move it somewhere else since we're looking at a Saturday evening.

I'm going to try and post a poll to narrow the best date down...

Let's see if this works

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

How about the 28th? The last time I checked Primo's wasn't taking reservations.

#3 LisaG

LisaG
      • VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

I totally agree!! I voted the 28th, but July 12th works for me too.
        Are we bringing men??

#4 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:28 PM

July 12th also works with me. :)

#5 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
          • 178 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

The 12 of July was my vote, but I may have to go out of town for work. I could make the 21st of June work too. Would love to meet you all!

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sandra E.
              How about the 28th? The last time I checked Primo's wasn't taking reservations.
              I totally agree!! I voted the 28th, but July 12th works for me too.
              Are we bringing men??

I think if we bring the guys then we should move to a place that will take reservations.

So far, looks like July 12th works the best - I probably should have made the poll to where you can select multiple dates. Oh well, we'll get this figured out somehow!

If you want your man to come with you please post "YES", if you don't please post "NO" Thanks! I look forward to meeting all of you ladies

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Shoot!! Just realized I'll be in Vegas from July 11th-13th. Is up to you girls, Mark can come with me but if the majority of FIs and DHs stay home then I can come solo.

#8 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                • VIP Member
                • 4,116 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

I say "sure, why not?!" to the guys coming along.

July 12th is best for me. June is just nuts and my bro will be here on leave from the Marines for a couple weeks...things are always hectic when he's around. Family gatherings and all that.

Uptown sounds good to me!

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sandra E.
                    Shoot!! Just realized I'll be in Vegas from July 11th-13th. Is up to you girls, Mark can come with me but if the majority of FIs and DHs stay home then I can come solo.
                    I guess we can also throw July 19th out there. (Anyone know if I can add onto a poll??)

Otherwise, it looks like July 12th is taking the majority.

I don't want the date to get too far out there because stuff will always come up - I think we just need to pick a date and stick to it! Silly Dallas girls, it's tough to nail us down!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#10 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

Also, let's see how many of us and our FI/DH's will be in attendance and then I can try and narrow a place down that can accommodate us.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users