Jump to content

Photo

Catalonia Riviera Maya


  • Please log in to reply
734 replies to this topic

#311 engaged maya

engaged maya
  • Newbie
  • 16 posts

    Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

    Hello ladies,

    I have a question about such a minor detail (compared to decision on a photographer) but are you guys using real of fake rose petals for the wedding, for the flower girl. I was gonna use fake but my fiance is all about naturals. Would I, I guess, have to order real roses from the resort then rip the petals? Thanks

    #312 rodent

    rodent

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

      Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by engaged maya
      Hello ladies,

      I have a question about such a minor detail (compared to decision on a photographer) but are you guys using real of fake rose petals for the wedding, for the flower girl. I was gonna use fake but my fiance is all about naturals. Would I, I guess, have to order real roses from the resort then rip the petals? Thanks
      I bought fake ones & then realized it was a mistake. they could have blown into the water. I used them for a non-wedding thing.

      they sell rose petals by the bag. You can buy them from the WC when you are picking out your flowers & all the other details. It was something cheap like $4 a bag. I thought I was buying them, but they never ended up in my room with my flowers. Turns out two of the hotel staff members tossed them. You can see it many posts back when i was posting the picture of cora.

      It probably worked out better than having our guests throw them. THey are under the tent & it probably wouldn't have worked great. Maybe just have aisle people toss them.

      I'm not sure if I paid for petals or not. I think they ended up just being part of the package.

      Also, don't fly them in. It's not legal & you could introduce a non-native insect.

      #313 koolatta

      koolatta
      • Jr. Member
      • 321 posts

        Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

        Another quick question for those who had BM's: how much did you pay for their bouquets. I'm trying to organize the budget...yikes.

        Thanks!! (btw - no word yet on the flavors, they must be busy over there)
        http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

        21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

        #314 bunnyfly

        bunnyfly
        • Newbie
        • 1 posts

          Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:07 AM

          Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm hoping to get married at the Catalonia May 2010. I'm just wondering were any of you worried about rain? I asked Elena what would happen if it rains on the day of the wedding, and she just said there is a tent set up on the beach, I already knew that. I haven't been to Mexico yet so I dont really know what the weather is like but when it rains does it rain all day? Were any of you given the option that you could change the day if it rains??

          Thanks

          #315 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by bunnyfly
            Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm hoping to get married at the Catalonia May 2010. I'm just wondering were any of you worried about rain? I asked Elena what would happen if it rains on the day of the wedding, and she just said there is a tent set up on the beach, I already knew that. I haven't been to Mexico yet so I dont really know what the weather is like but when it rains does it rain all day? Were any of you given the option that you could change the day if it rains??

            Thanks
            when it rains it rains really, really hard & then it's done. It's kind of fun.

            I doubt that is always the case, but that has always been my experience in Mexico & I've heard others say thats how it is there.

            It wouldn't be hard to wait out the storm & have the ceremony. All of our rains were like 10 intense minutes & then clear skys.

            #316 Amanda1520

            Amanda1520
            • Newbie
            • 31 posts

              Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

              Hey ladies!

              I have a couple questions, what have you guys done as far as a videographer does? I've been so obsessed with finding a photographer that I forgot about that.

              Also, I've been talking with Demetrio about renting out a catamaran, he got back to me with prices and oh man! The one that is right by the hotel is about $82 pp! that's more than the reception so I axed that. Do you guys have any ideas as far as a catamaran?

              Lastly, this may already be on here somewhere but what have you ladies done (or doing) for hair and make up? One of my bm's does hair but she certainly cant do all of us so I was thinking about flying down her friend that also does hair. If I pay for the flight it might be cheaper than hiring a local stylist.

              Let me know your guys' thoughts on any of the above
              Thanks~

              #317 CatBride09

              CatBride09
              • Newbie
              • 26 posts

                Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:48 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Amanda1520
                Hey ladies!

                I have a couple questions, what have you guys done as far as a videographer does? I've been so obsessed with finding a photographer that I forgot about that.

                Also, I've been talking with Demetrio about renting out a catamaran, he got back to me with prices and oh man! The one that is right by the hotel is about $82 pp! that's more than the reception so I axed that. Do you guys have any ideas as far as a catamaran?

                Lastly, this may already be on here somewhere but what have you ladies done (or doing) for hair and make up? One of my bm's does hair but she certainly cant do all of us so I was thinking about flying down her friend that also does hair. If I pay for the flight it might be cheaper than hiring a local stylist.

                Let me know your guys' thoughts on any of the above
                Thanks~
                Hi Amanda

                Wow the catamaran idea is brilliant, I would never have thought of that. Shame it’s so expensive. We are just having a reception at the PCB.

                As regards to videographer, we are using the same company for photos and video. They were recommended to me by a lady who previously married at the cat, I found her on Trip Advisor and have been chatting with her so I am only going on her opinion but she assured me they were great, here is the site

                http://www.mexicanweddingphotos.com/

                She also recommended the hair and makeup lady, she is very expensive but for me hair and makeup is very important, she has been a pleasure to talk to.

                Doranna Hair Stylist - Freelance Italian Hair Stylist - Playa del Carmen - Riviera Maya - Cancun - Tulum

                As far as I am aware the Cat has a hairdresser but no makeup artist

                I'm sure you will get lots of different recommendations from this site so just go with who you feel comfortable with

                Good Luck

                Sally

                #318 cda023

                cda023
                • Newbie
                • 9 posts

                  Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

                  Has anyone received prices for the wedding packages? Obviously, this is a big factor

                  #319 Meyer2010

                  Meyer2010
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 429 posts

                    Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cda023
                    Has anyone received prices for the wedding packages? Obviously, this is a big factor
                    Hello cda023!

                    Yes, if you email Elena she will give you the packages list. Are you doing a civil or renewal of vows ceremony? We are doing the renewal of vows ceremony and it is $399 and you don't need any paperwork for it. Since our "Mexican" marriage wouldn't be recognized in the U.S. we will be getting married at the Justice of the Peace when we get back to Michigan.

                    Good Luck!

                    ~ Erica

                    #320 rodent

                    rodent

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

                      Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Meyer2010
                      Hello cda023!

                      Yes, if you email Elena she will give you the packages list. Are you doing a civil or renewal of vows ceremony? We are doing the renewal of vows ceremony and it is $399 and you don't need any paperwork for it. Since our "Mexican" marriage wouldn't be recognized in the U.S. we will be getting married at the Justice of the Peace when we get back to Michigan.

                      Good Luck!

                      ~ Erica
                      Erica I love your logo. Did Sarah make that?

                      We did the symbolic ceremony, but went to the courthouse before we left. We made a really fun day of "legal day."




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users