• Please log in to reply
734 replies to this topic

#221 claire.cw.watson

claire.cw.watson
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MEYER2BE
    I wanted to use "Moments That Matter" but I emailed them and they are already booked for my wedding day. So they suggested another photographer I might use.

Are any of you going to do the TTD shoot? I'm really thinking about it! I think it would be fun!!!

~ Erica

Hey Erica

Yeah Im doing the TTD shoot the following day. Looks great fun! Shame they are already booked. Sure the other photographer will be great.

#222 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
    • Banned
    • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:51 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by claire.cw.watson
      Hey Erica

Yeah Im doing the TTD shoot the following day. Looks great fun! Shame they are already booked. Sure the other photographer will be great.
      Yeah... from what I hear with the TTD sessions, you do the water stuff at the end that way the water will clean up your dress. Ha-ha!

I'm still looking for photographers, the one they sent me still was very pricey! We have time, I'm going to keep checking around!

~ Erica

#223 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
      • Banned
      • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:59 AM

Dear brides,

These Photography prices were sent to me by the sales department at the CAT.

Hoteles Catalonia - 2009
        WEDDING PHOTO PACKAGES

PACKAGE 1

25 color printed Photos size 6x8, with black and white and/or sepia option.
        It includes the Ceremony, Group photos with the family.

It includes a CD with 25 printed photos.

Price: $ 350.00 USD

PACKAGE 2

50 color printed Photos size 6x8, with black and white and/or sepia option.

It includes the Ceremony, Group photos with the family and Session with the bride/groom.

It includes a CD with 50 printed photos and handmade album.

Price: $ 550.00 USD

PACKAGE 3

80 color printed Photos size 6x8, with black and white and/or sepia option.

It Includes the Ceremony, Group photos with the family, Session with the bride/groom, Restaurant and Party till the cake cut.

It includes a CD with 80 printed photos and handmade album.
        Price: $ 800.00 USD
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to our packages the bride, groom and the guest can choose other photo size (8x11 and 11x16), printed photos or cd at the commercial selling price established for all the Hotel guests.

Hope this helps a little! I just wonder what kind of photo equipment they have and if they do touch ups on the pictures.

~ Erica

#224 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
        • Vendor
        • 2,015 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:07 AM

Hey everyone! From our experience... the hotel photographers are decent but don't spend very much time at all capturing your day for you. The do a good job but don't do a lot of work on your packages as they sometimes cover 3 or 4 weddings in a day. There equipment is again OK. Its not top of the line or considered to be professional grade... but in the right hands, can still produce fantastic images.
          It all depends on your resort photographer for the day. The can change quite often.
          Best of luck!
          Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
          Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
          Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
          Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
          http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#225 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

hotel photographer

? ?

I don't care for what they do. Too much flash & cheesy poses. Also, the stuff in their gallery should be their best stuff. You don't really know who you are going to get & if they are even as good as what is shown in the gallery.

#226 koolatta

koolatta
            • 321 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

Hi Guys, Quick update, they do have a makeup person onsite at their salon. I still don't have the prices. I'll post once i get them.

I agree with Morgan on the hotel photographers btw....if their website is the best they got then I would go with someone else. I am using Ivan Luckie Photography. He is great and affordable. He flew to NY to meet with me and a few of the other girls on the forum when he came up to buy equiptment. He is very nice. I have a thread on him if you search Ivan Luckie it will come right up. Morgan how do you put the links to the thread in a message...I am so clueless..lol
              http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#227 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by koolatta
                Morgan how do you put the links to the thread in a message...I am so clueless..lol

just copy & paste the url that you see at the top of your browser.

#228 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
                • Banned
                • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:57 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by koolatta
                  Hi Guys, Quick update, they do have a makeup person onsite at their salon. I still don't have the prices. I'll post once i get them.

I agree with Morgan on the hotel photographers btw....if their website is the best they got then I would go with someone else. I am using Ivan Luckie Photography. He is great and affordable. He flew to NY to meet with me and a few of the other girls on the forum when he came up to buy equiptment. He is very nice. I have a thread on him if you search Ivan Luckie it will come right up. Morgan how do you put the links to the thread in a message...I am so clueless..lol
                  Yes... I agree on the hotel photographer! I just wanted to put the prices up in case anyone was interested. I did email Ivan Luckie and just got an response from him! He seems like a very accomodating photographer.

http://www.luckiephotography.com

~ Erica

#229 koolatta

koolatta
                  • 321 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

His picks are great and his prices are even greater. We lucked out cause he said the girls on this forum are making him reconsider his prices for next year..lol...There are a few girls whose weddings just passed. I'm sure they will be happy to provide you with their pics so you can see some more samples of his work.
                    http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#230 engaged maya

engaged maya
                    • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble getting ahold of the WC at the CAT. I keep calling and either no one answers or the assistants tells me she will respond to my email but it never happens. From what I read, she is great but for whatever reason, I can't seem to get anyone to answer any of my questions. I am trying just to confirm a non legal ceremony and I had some questions in general. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?? Advice would be helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users