Photo

Catalonia Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
734 replies to this topic

#131 candiekiss

candiekiss
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

Hey ladies, I don't know if this is the right resort but if so this is a fantastic deal!!

Special Offer from CheapCaribbean.com:
    How HOT is this deal?
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    $49 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort* new

Mexican Riviera

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Travel dates: Select dates through July

By Lynn Nugent
    Travelzoo Staff

For just $49 per night, stay beachfront in Mexico at the Catalonia Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort. That's at least 50% OFF regular rates. Kids ages six and under stay and eat FREE.

Valid for travel through July, this deal is especially impressive for July dates when it's prime summer vacation. Book by June 3 or until rooms sell out.

The per person price includes the following:

* All meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
    * Daily shuttle service to Playa Del Carmen (about 20 minutes away)
    * One scuba diving lesson at the pool
    * All taxes and gratuities

This resort, with its own private beach, offers good snorkeling, a great kids program, and free bike rental. It also shares privileges with its neighboring sister property. Between the two resorts there are six eateries, seven bars, five swimming pools and a nightclub. There's a nine-hole golf course located just across the street (not affiliated with the resort). The Catalonia Riviera Maya gets great reviews by past guests on many online travel sites.

For more details on the resort and this deal, click here to visit CheapCaribbean.com.

To book online:
    -- Click the above link. Scroll down and click where it says "Book Now" under the Catalina Riviera Maya.
    -- On the following page, see an orange box on the left that says "Book This Hotel." To book the resort without airfare, click the "Hotel Only" tab.
    -- Enter your travel dates.
    -- The price that appears is for two people based on double occupancy (so $98 per night).

To book by phone: Call CheapCaribbean.com at 800-915-2322 and mention Travelzoo.

#132 hulaqt

hulaqt
    • 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

Does anyone know how much it costs for a day pass? I'm hiring a photographer (not part of the resort) and I believe I read somewhere that I need to get him a day pass - Thanks!

#133 hulaqt

hulaqt
      • 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by candiekiss
        Hey ladies, I don't know if this is the right resort but if so this is a fantastic deal!!

Special Offer from CheapCaribbean.com:
        How HOT is this deal?
        1 2 3 4 5 6
        $49 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort* new

Mexican Riviera

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Travel dates: Select dates through July

By Lynn Nugent
        Travelzoo Staff

For just $49 per night, stay beachfront in Mexico at the Catalonia Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort. That's at least 50% OFF regular rates. Kids ages six and under stay and eat FREE.

Valid for travel through July, this deal is especially impressive for July dates when it's prime summer vacation. Book by June 3 or until rooms sell out.

The per person price includes the following:

* All meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
        * Daily shuttle service to Playa Del Carmen (about 20 minutes away)
        * One scuba diving lesson at the pool
        * All taxes and gratuities

This resort, with its own private beach, offers good snorkeling, a great kids program, and free bike rental. It also shares privileges with its neighboring sister property. Between the two resorts there are six eateries, seven bars, five swimming pools and a nightclub. There's a nine-hole golf course located just across the street (not affiliated with the resort). The Catalonia Riviera Maya gets great reviews by past guests on many online travel sites.

For more details on the resort and this deal, click here to visit CheapCaribbean.com.

To book online:
        -- Click the above link. Scroll down and click where it says "Book Now" under the Catalina Riviera Maya.
        -- On the following page, see an orange box on the left that says "Book This Hotel." To book the resort without airfare, click the "Hotel Only" tab.
        -- Enter your travel dates.
        -- The price that appears is for two people based on double occupancy (so $98 per night).

To book by phone: Call CheapCaribbean.com at 800-915-2322 and mention Travelzoo.
        I know - I booked a couple of months ago and could have saved over $500 for the total package .... who could have predicted the Swine Flu!

#134 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by hulaqt
          Does anyone know how much it costs for a day pass? I'm hiring a photographer (not part of the resort) and I believe I read somewhere that I need to get him a day pass - Thanks!
          I think the day pass was around $80 during my wedding. I negotiated something a little lower for the day of the wedding. Then we didn't have any guests stay off the hotel.

They didn't charge me a day pass for vendors. We only had our videographer coming in. I just told he was coming so he had no issue getting in.

Our photographer stayed at the hotel.

The catalonia is really great with their vendor policies.

#135 koolatta

koolatta
          • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:40 AM

hulaqt, I actually emailed Elena about the day passes a few weeks ago and she said it's $45 for a day or night pass. From what I heard from vendors they generally buy a day pass and the resort usually forgets about the night pass.

Hope this helps :-)
            http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#136 soniakuch

soniakuch
            • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

Hi:

I will be getting married at the Catalonia Yucatan on July 14th, 2009. I have booked the Lookea bar for a private dinner reception.

Do any of you know how flexible the Catalonia Yucatan is with their menu and menu prices? The menu I received show prices of an average of $55 per plate.

I am thinking of asking them if it is possible to make other arrangements. If any of you had worked with the caterers at the Catalonia I would be grateful for some tips.

#137 CatBride09

CatBride09
              • 26 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:50 AM

Hi

I would also like to hire the Lookea bar (Chill out Bar) for my reception.

Have you had to pay a fee to hire the Lookea bar ? I've heard its $500 an hour is that right?

Also how did you manage to get the menus? I've email for them 3 times but no luck!

Thanks

#138 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

i posted menus in this thread. they might be out of date. can someone post a recent menu?

It's really helpful if everyone shares the info as they get it. They are so overworked at the hotel, so it's much easier to get the information from each other.

#139 MexicoBride1

MexicoBride1
                  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

There is an updated menu (which I think may have the same menu prices as the one Morgan posted on here before) http://www.hoteles-c....=detalle&id=80

We weren't charged an hourly fee for the "pure chill out bar", we had 40 people at the wedding, and had no other choice for a reception other than the P.C.O.B. and we had chosen the Grill menu and I can 100% say it was worth every penny!! At first we thought it was insane to pay more on top of the all inclusive package we were already paying, but it truly was amazing! There is a fee for the DJ which is almost $200 US so we didn't go with that, but that meant we had no microphone for the speeches and also found out (day of the wedding) that to play our CDs we brought we had to pay just over $100 US for that (should have opted for the DJ maybe)

I think that the menu prices are set in stone, and if they were to allow outside caterers in (which I doubt) it would cost the same if not more..

hope that helps a bit :)

#140 soniakuch

soniakuch
                    • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hi:

I have listed the menu that I was sent by Myriam Vater below. She is the one who organizes the reception part of the wedding.

If you do go with a dinner reception in the Lookea bar you don't have to pay any additional fees to rent it. It is included in the cost of the dinner. Drinks from the regular bar are also included. The only time you would have to pay for the Lookea bar is if you are not doing the dinner, but just using it for the dance. In that case they would also charge you an additional charge per person for drinks.

The dinner is buffet style.

MENU

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “INTERNATIONAL 1”
                      Cena Estilo Buffet “Internacional 1”

SALAD BAR (6) / Barra de ensaladas

COLD ENTRIES / Entradas fr­as
                      CHEESE VARIETY, SEAFOOD COCKTAIL , VARIETY PATES (ESPEJO DE PATES), ROAST BEEF, SALAD BAR AND DECORATED TURKEY.
                      Variedad de quesos, C³ctel de mariscos, Variedad de pates, Roast beef,
                      Barra de ensaladas decoradas con pavo.

SOUP / Sopa
                      ESTRAGON MUSSELS CREAM / Crema de mejillones al estrag³n.

MAIN COURSES / Platos principales
                      SPAGUETTI (AL PESTO), SQUIDS (A LA VASCA), FISH FILLET (AL ENELDO),
                      OVEN LEG PORK AND TURKEY SUPREME WITH RED PEPPERS.
                      Spaguetti al pesto, Calamares a la vasca, Filete de pescado al eneldo,
                      Pierna de cerdo y pavo horneado con pimientos rojos.

GARNISHES / Guarnici³n
                      GRATIN POTATOES, RICE WITH VEGETABLES FROM THE SEASON AND BOUQUETIERE VEGETABLES.
                      Papas al horno gratinadas, Arroz con verduras de la estaci³n y Verduras bouquetiere

DESSERTS / Postres
                      CHEESE CAKE, CHOCOLATE CAKE, FRUIT TARTALETTE, CARAMEL CUSTARD
                      Pastel de queso, Pastel de chocolate, Tartaleta de fruta, Natilla.

COFFEE OR TEA Caf© y/o T©

55 USD per person

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “INTERNATIONAL 2”
                      Cena Estilo buffet “Internacional 2”

SALAD BAR / Barra de ensaladas
                      LETTUCE VARIETY, CUCUMBER, TOMATO, PEPPERS SALAD, POTATOES SALAD, PALMITOS SALAD, CHICK-BEANS SALAD, BEANS SALAD, FISH “CEVICHE”, GUACAMOLE, CHICKEN SALAD, TUNA SALAD, HOUSE PAT‰.
                      Variedad de lechuga, Pepinos, Tomate, Ensalada de pimientos, Ensalada de papa, Ensalada de palmitos, Ensalada de garbanzos, Ensalada de frijoles, Ceviche de pescado, Guacamole, Ensalada de pollo, Ensalada de atºn, Pat© de la casa.

GARNISHES / Guarniciones
                      GREEN OLIVES, PARSLEY, GARLIC FLAKES, GHERKINS AND LEMONS.
                      Aceituna verde, Ajo picado, Pepinillos y Limones.

DRESSING / Aderezos
                      VINAIGRETTE, MIL ISLAS, ROQUEFORT, FRENCH, AURORA, CESAR DRESSING.
                      Vinagreta, Mil islas, Roquefort, Frances, Aurora, Aderezo Cesar.

SOUP / Sopa
                      RED BEANS “POTAJE” (SOUP) / Potaje de alubias.

CURRY RICE, MUSAKA EGIPCIANA (BEEF WITH EGGPLANT, ONION, TOMATO AND PARMESANO CHEESE), BIG POTATOES, BROUNOISE MIXTE VEGETABLES, FUSILLI A LA MARINERA (FUSILLI WITH SEAFOOD), BEEF FLANK IN ARANDANO SAUCE, STUFFED PORK LOIN IN IT´S JUICE, BREADED FISH FILLET, BEER TO CHICKEN, SHRIMP WITH NOPALES IN AJILLO SAUCE.
                      Arroz al curry, Carne de res con berenjena, cebolla, tomate y queso parmesano,
                      Papas, Brounise de vegetal mixto, Fusilli con mariscos, Arrachera en salsa de arandano,
                      Lomo de Cerdo relleno en su jugo, Filete de pescado empanizado, Pollo a la cerveza, Camarones al ajillo con nopales

SAUCES / SALSAS
                      MEXICAN SAUCE, GREEN SAUCE, MOLCAJETE SAUCE
                      Salsa mexicana, Salsa verde, Salsa molcajete

DESSERTS / Postres
                      MANGO MOUSE, LEMON PIE, CARROT CAKE, SELVA NEGRA (chocolate cake), CHEESE CAKE, MOCKA CAKE
                      Mousse de Mango, Pay de lim³n, Pastel de zanahoria, Selva negra, Pastel de queso
                      Pastel de moka.

56 USD PER PERSON

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “CARIBBEAN”
                      Cena Estilo buffet “Caribe±o “

SALAD BAR 1 / Barra de ensaladas 1
                      LETTUCE SALAD, ESCOLFADO TOMATO SALAD, ZUCCHINI WITH VINEGAR SALAD, CUCUMBER, LEMON AN CHILLI SALAD, GREEN BEANS AND BACON SALAD, ORANGE AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD, SARDINE SALAD.
                      Ensalada de lechugas tiernas, Ensalada de tomate escalfado, Ensalada de calabacita,
                      Ensalada de pepino con lim³n y chile piquen, Ensalada de ejotes con tocino,
                      Ensalada de toronja y naranja, Ensalada de sardina

SALAD BAR 2 / Barra de ensaladas 2
                      FIISH CEVICHE, SHRIMP COCKTAIL, MUSSELS IN VENAIGRETTE, OCTUPUS IN ESCABECHE.
                      Ceviche de pescado, C³ctel de camar³n, Mejillones a al vinagreta, Pulpo en escabeche.

COLD CUTS AND CHEESES BAR / Barra de Carnes fr­as y quesos
                      AHUMADO SALMON, SERRANO CURED HAM, TERRINA FISHED,
                      VARIETY OF CHEESES WITH GRAPES
                      Salm³n ahumado, Jam³n serrano, Terrina de pescado, Quesos variados con uva

GARNISHES / Guarniciones.
                      GHERKINS, GREEN OLIVES, GARLIC FLAKES, BLACK OLIVES, ONIONS.
                      Pepinillos, Cebolla cambray, Aceitunas verdes, Alcaparras, Aceituna negra y Ajo picado.

DRESSINGS / Aderezos
                      VINAIGRETTE, MIL ISLAS, ROQUEFORT, FRENCH, AURORA, CESAR DRESSING.
                      Vinagreta, Mil islas, Roquefort, Frances, Aurora, Aderezo Cesar.

SOUP / Sopa
                      SHRIMP CREAM WITH SHERRY.
                      Crema de camarones al jerez.

BLACK RICE WITH SEAFOOD, YUCA WITH GARLIC, ZUCCHINI MASHED, VICHY CARROT WITH HONEY AND ROSEMARY, SEAFOOD STUFFED CHICKEN IN TAMARIND SAUCE, BREADED SHRIMP TO COCONUT, STUFFED PORK LOIN IN PLUM SAUCE, FISH FILLET “TIKIN-XIC”, SALMON KABOBS TO MENIER
                      Arroz negro con marisco, Yuca con mojo de ajo, Pur© de calabaza, Zanahoria Vichy con miel al romero, Suprema de pollo relleno de marisco con salsa de tamarindo,
                      Camarones empanizados al coco, Lomo de cerdo en salsa de ciruela,
                      Filete de pescado Tikin-xic, Brocheta de salm³n al menier.

DESSERTS / Postres
                      MANGO MOUSE, FRUITS HOJALDRE, APPLE STRUDELL, PINEAPPLE PIE, ORANGE PIE, COCONUT CAKE, CARAMEL FLAN, CHOCOLATE CAKE Mousse de mango, Hojaldre con frutas, Strudel de manzana, Pay de pi±a, Pay de naranja, Pastel de coco, Flan de caramelo, Pastel de chocolate

62 USD PER PERSON

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “ SPAIN ”
                      Cena Estilo buffet “ Espa±a “

ENTRIES / Entradas
                      ANDANZA SALAD WITH TOMATO, TUNA, PEPPERS AND OLIVES,
                      SOUTH ANDRES SALAD WITH CABBAGE, ARTICHOKE, PINEAPPLE, TOMATO AND CORN
                      SPANISH TORTILLA WITH POTATO AND CHORIZO SAUSAGE
                      CATALANA SALAD WITH HAM , SNAP PEAS, RED PEPPERS AND POTATO
                      SALAD WITH CABBAGE PINEAPPLE, ORANGE AND RAISINS
                      Ensalada Andanza con Tomate, Pimientos y Aceitunas
                      Ensalada Andres del sur con col, alcachofas, pi±a, tomate y elote
                      Tortilla espa±ola con papa y chorizo
                      Ensalada Catalana con jam³n, chicharos, pimientos rojos y papas.
                      Ensalada de col, pi±a, naranja y pasas.

SOUP / Sopa
                      VEGETABLE SOUP WITH SHERRY LIQUOR
                      Sopa de verduras con licor de jerez.

VALENCIANA PAELLA,
                      FISH FILLET IN A PARSLEY, WINE AND CAPER SAUCE
                      LEG OF LAMB IN SPANISH SAUCE WITH OLIVES,
                      CHICKEN IN GARLIC SAUCE,
                      RAGOUT CATALANA,
                      GARLIC POTATOES, AUBERGINE, BROCOLI IN CREAM SAUCE
                      Paella Valenciana,
                      Filete de pescado acompa±ado de una salsa de perejil, vino y alcaparras.
                      Pierna de cordero en salsa espa±ola con aceitunas,
                      Pollo en salsa de ajo
                      Ragout catalana,
                      Papas al ajo, berenjena, salseado con una crema de broccoli.

DESSERTS / Postres
                      COLD MILK, ICE CREAM OF PISTACHE AND CHOCOLATE, NUTS CAKE, FLAMED BANANA
                      AND TROPICAL FRUITS
                      Leche fr­a, Helado de pistache y chocolate, Pastel de nuez, Pl¡tanos fritos, Fruta variada.

54 USD per person

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “ MEXICO ”
                      Cena Estilo buffet “ Mexico “

ENTRIES / Entradas
                      WHITE BEAN SALAD, BEAN SALAD WITH BACON, CORN SALAD WITH MEXICAN SALAD, TOMATO SALAD, SEAFOOD COCKTAIL, GUACAMOLE
                      Ensalada Blanca de habas, Ensalada de habas con tocino,
                      Ensalada de elote acompa±ada de ensalada mexicana.
                      Ensalada de Tomate, C³ctel de mariscos, Guacamole

SOUP / Sopa
                      TORTILLA SOUP
                      Sopa de tortilla.

CHICKEN TOSTADAS, POTATOES WITH CHORIZO SAUSAGE, MIXED FAJITAS,
                      FISH DRENCHED IN GARLIC, CORIANDER SHRIMP, CHICKEN IN RED MOLE SAUCE
                      Tostadas de pollo, Papas con chorizo, Fajitas Mixtas
                      Pescado al mojo de ajo, Camarones “Coriander”, Mole rojo con pollo.

SIDE DISHES/ Guarnici³n
                      MIXED VEGETABLES, MEXICAN RICE, REFRIED BEANS
                      Verduras mixtas, Arroz a la mexicana, Frijoles refritos.

SAUCES / SALSAS
                      RANCH SAUCE, MEXICAN SAUCE, GREEN SAUCE, TOTOPOS
                      Salsa Ranch, Salsa mexicana, Salsa verde, Totopos.

DESSERTS / Postres
                      RICE MILK PUDDING, MANGO MOUSSE, THREE MILK CAKE, COCONUT FLAN, TROPICAL FRUIT
                      Pudding de arroz, Mousse de mango, Pastel de tres leches, Flan de coco.
                      Fruta Variada.

CAF‰ DE OLLA Caf© de olla.

55 USD per person

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “ GRILL ”
                      Cena Estilo buffet “ Grill “

ENTRIES / Entradas
                      TOMATO, ADVOCADO, LETTUCE, CHEESE BOARD AND THREE DRESSINGS
                      Tomate, Aguacate, Lechuga, Barra de quesos y 3 aderezos.

BAR-B-QUE CHICKEN
                      Pollo en salsa B.B.Q.

NEW YORK
                      PORK CHOP
                      RIB EYE

FISH FILLET
                      Filete de pescado

SIDE DISHES/ Guarniciones
                      PILAF RICE, GARLIC PASTA,
                      JACKET POTATOES,
                      MIXED VEGETABLES
                      Arroz Pilaf, Pasta al ajo,
                      Papas rellenas,
                      Verduras mixtas.

SAUCES / SALSAS
                      RANCH, MEXICAN, AND BBQ SAUCE
                      Salsa Ranch, Mexicana y B.B.Q.

DESSERTS / Postres
                      CHOCOLATE CAKE, FRUIT TART, TROPICAL FRUITS,
                      CARAMEL AND NUT FLAN
                      Pastel de chocolate, Tarta de fruta, Flan de caramelo y nuez.

58 USD per person

NOTAS

Los precios arriba mencionados son por persona en D³lares americanos.
                      Incluyen Servicio e IVA.
                      Incluye bebidas del bar y vino de la casa.
                      Fecha limite de pago 2 d­as antes del evento.

Cenas privadas disponibles a partir de 15 personas m­nimo.
                      Todas las cenas se ofrecen en forma buffet.
                      Cenas con servicio a la mesa disponible segºn solicitud,
                      sujetos a disponibilidad.

Los precios arriba mencionados incluyen la renta del
                      “Pure Chill Out Bar“ como lugar privado.
                      Decoraci³n del lugar con telas blancas, hojas de palmera y velas. Manteler­a blanca. Mesas redondas de 10 personas por mesa.

Para grupos grandes (a partir de 60 personas) se incluye la renta de una carpa para obtener espacio techado adicional.

CONTACTO
                      Departamento de Ventas
                      Hoteles Catalonia M©xico
                      rivieramaya.ventas2@hoteles-catalonia.es
                      Tel: +52 984 875 1020 Ext 5015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users