Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

I was interested in hearing on how everyone is taking care of booking hotel and flights for your guests. Do you have them do it on their own? Do they have to contact CAT directly to day they are there for a wedding? Travel agent? Also are you aware of any group discounts or anything if you do it a certain way? Let me know. I am in the process of researching.

 

Thanks everyone for your help.

 

Maya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Maya!

 

I signed up with destinationweddings.com but most of my guests have booked airfare on their own since it is such a good deal at the moment. On my std's I included our TA's info so they could contact her to get quotes. I also have some friends that our booking through their own travel agents.

 

I don't know of any group discounts unfortunately, but the hotel is priced so well that I'm not complaining.

 

Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by engaged maya View Post
Hello everyone,

I was interested in hearing on how everyone is taking care of booking hotel and flights for your guests. Do you have them do it on their own? Do they have to contact CAT directly to day they are there for a wedding? Travel agent? Also are you aware of any group discounts or anything if you do it a certain way? Let me know. I am in the process of researching.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Maya

Hi Maya!

I signed up with destinationweddings.com and included our Travel Agent's info on our STD's so guests could contact her for a quote. However, most of our guests have booked airfare on their own since it is so cheap right now.
I also have some guests that have gone through their own travel agents as well.

I am not aware of any group discounts. Let me know if you come across any. I believe we are going to have 30-35 guests at our wedding, I would think that would qualify for a group discount if there is one.

Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by engaged maya View Post
Hello everyone,

I was interested in hearing on how everyone is taking care of booking hotel and flights for your guests. Do you have them do it on their own? Do they have to contact CAT directly to day they are there for a wedding? Travel agent? Also are you aware of any group discounts or anything if you do it a certain way? Let me know. I am in the process of researching.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Maya
Hi Maya!

We signed up with destinationweddings.com and our TA is doing all the quotes for our guests. The great thing about this company is that if all your guests book through them we have a better chance of staying near eachother at the resort and if something were to happen with the resort "overbooking" rooms, we are guaranteed rooms and the other guests that didn't book with our group could potentially get "bumped" to another resort. I've read of overbooking happening quite a bit during the busy season. We didn't want this to happen so we have urged our guests to book directly with her!

We only had to pay $50 for her services and let me tell you she is well worth it! She has eased our minds many times!! She has been so helpful and knows we and our guests are on a tight budget. She also speaks directly with our WC at the CAT. So it gives me a sense of relief that she has our back on any questions we have. I'm so glad she is there for us!

Good Luck!

~ Erica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Maya,

 

We are using a TA Jennifer from this forum. The awesome thing is that she price matches so if you find a package deal online that beats her price she will price match and you maintain the security of knowing that if anything happens you can call her and she will straighten it out. There are some guests who have booked on there own, but I personally love the security of a TA cause you never know and you don't need the headache of a possible rooming problem with your guests.

 

Let me know if you have any questions :-)

 

Evie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great info. and very helpful. Thanks everyone! I will def check out destinationweddings.com this week. I guess do they just assign you a TA? If you guys have any recommendations let me know.

 

Cheers!

 

Maya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by engaged maya View Post
This is great info. and very helpful. Thanks everyone! I will def check out destinationweddings.com this week. I guess do they just assign you a TA? If you guys have any recommendations let me know.

Cheers!

Maya
Maya,

Destinationweddings.com will assign you a TA depending on the location of your wedding. They will pair you up with a TA that knows the area you will be get married at. They do also price match, if your guests find a cheaper price that is apples to apples they will give them that price. My TA says it hasn't happened much but they will honor that price.

The other nice part is I sent our e-mail STD's out last month to give my guests all the information they need for booking right away. They also allow you to create your own wedding website that has travel details, couples page, maps of the local area, activities, pictures, etc. Check out their website!

Good Luck!

~ Erica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Catbrides!!!

 

We just got back from our fabulous trip and amazing wedding!!!! I have to calm all of your nerves by saying - they did a great job and everything went so smoothly!

 

The minute we checked it, I met with Marisol and Elena ... we picked out our flowers (bouqet, boutinerre, table flowers and flowers for my hair). I wanted something a little different than they had in the book and it was no problem! The flowers were gorgeous.

 

We also chose our music, Elena printed out the script (we did a symbolic ceremony) and arranged our dinner.

 

For the dinner: We chose Bellevista (Italian restaurant) - the reserved the entire terrace for us which overlooked the ocean - candles, our flowers, champagne, etc. They also served our cake there too.

 

I think I forgot to mention we eloped, so it was just the two of us!

 

Lastly - we hired Octavio Montes out of Cancun - highly recommend him! He was wonderful to work with and the photos turned out awesome!... here's the link to our pix:

 

Account has been suspended - H-Sphere

 

Password (lower left corner): chaya

 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulaqt View Post
Hi Catbrides!!!

We just got back from our fabulous trip and amazing wedding!!!! I have to calm all of your nerves by saying - they did a great job and everything went so smoothly!

The minute we checked it, I met with Marisol and Elena ... we picked out our flowers (bouqet, boutinerre, table flowers and flowers for my hair). I wanted something a little different than they had in the book and it was no problem! The flowers were gorgeous.

We also chose our music, Elena printed out the script (we did a symbolic ceremony) and arranged our dinner.

For the dinner: We chose Bellevista (Italian restaurant) - the reserved the entire terrace for us which overlooked the ocean - candles, our flowers, champagne, etc. They also served our cake there too.

I think I forgot to mention we eloped, so it was just the two of us!

Lastly - we hired Octavio Montes out of Cancun - highly recommend him! He was wonderful to work with and the photos turned out awesome!... here's the link to our pix:

Account has been suspended - H-Sphere

Password (lower left corner): chaya

Let me know if you have any questions!

Congrats to the two of you!!

Glad to hear everything went well and you had a great time. Quick question, I'm debating between a private reception and the one offered with the package. We are having about 30 guests at our reception and I didn't know if a reception in one of the restaraunts would accomodate our number of guests. I know it was only you and your husband, but based on your experience what is your opinion? I was thinking if they were able to reserve the whole terrace then that wouldn't be so bad.

I'm just having a hard time justifying spending $55p/p for a private reception when everyone is already paying for the all inclusive. I know that the price also includes set up and stuff but I'm just torn and it's hard to decide without ever being there.

Thanks and Congrats again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×