Thanks girls! I will be wearing my dress again at the reception in Sarnia, but I think I'll go in the water a little bit, you only get one chance to wear a wedidng dress in the ocean right! haha.

On a fantastic and incredibly exciting note...Sean and I will be renewing our vows (our family thinks its a real wedding, but we didn't want to go through the rigamaroll of translating our documents) on March 31st 2010!!! We are SO excited our date is confirmed and that it is on the anniversary of our first date :o) Can't wait ladies!!

Hello ladies!

As our wedding date approaches (March 6th) I am starting to put together all of the "little" things. For those brides that have been to the area do you remember if buying sand dollars and star fish are readily available? I am tying paper around them for our place cards and would rather buy them there versus putting another thing in the suitcase.

Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyer2010 View Post
Great info Amanda, thanks! We have 6 weeks to go and I'm getting really nervous as we don't have a photographer yet. Ours fell through and now I'm scrambling! sad.gif

Does anyone have any suggestionshuh.gif

~ Erica
Check out Ivan Luckie if you haven't already. We booked him for our wedding and his prices/photos are incredible. Good luck!

Hi all

Well my wedding is coming up Feb 18th, still not sorted! Need to get dress fittings, favors, final numbers table plans etc!!!

I've sent an email to the hotel asking about what kind of things we can hire for table decorations ie candles, lights... Im traveling from England, and have a tight luggage allowance, so cant really carry much stuff over. I'm happy to buy things once I get there is need be.

Just feeling a little stressed now. Worried about having the correct paper work for my legal wedding (think I only really need birth cert. the other stuff I get there). REALLY worried that people will be bored. I keep jumping between having a DJ vs Ipod. There's only 30 guests, so feel like having a DJ is a waste and that it would be better just to use the hotel disco...AGGHHHH !!!

Hope everyone else is doing well.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire.cw.watson View Post
Hi all

Well my wedding is coming up Feb 18th, still not sorted! Need to get dress fittings, favors, final numbers table plans etc!!!

I've sent an email to the hotel asking about what kind of things we can hire for table decorations ie candles, lights... Im traveling from England, and have a tight luggage allowance, so cant really carry much stuff over. I'm happy to buy things once I get there is need be.

Just feeling a little stressed now. Worried about having the correct paper work for my legal wedding (think I only really need birth cert. the other stuff I get there). REALLY worried that people will be bored. I keep jumping between having a DJ vs Ipod. There's only 30 guests, so feel like having a DJ is a waste and that it would be better just to use the hotel disco...AGGHHHH !!!

Hey Claire, I feel your pain, we leave in 3 weeks and I just got a reply to start planning our private reception. We are also torn between a dj and the Ipod. We started putting together a bunch of songs to the Ipod just in case we decide on not having a dj. We are only gonna be 26 people but i think we might just go to the Disco once the reception is done at 10:30 pm.
When i got the email from the hotel they indicated that the decorations were included. from what i saw it looked pretty nice too !

I was under the impression that if you have not been married before you only need your passport for the legal ceremony? I ended up getting a copy of my birth certificate a couple months ago just in case, it was like $ 90 bucks. ugh

Cheers,
Leanne

Quote:
Hi all

I'm in the same boat Claire. We still have a list of things to do. But luckily we will be traveling from China to the U.S. before heading down to Mexico. So we have about 4.5 days to get things sorted out and packed in order to fly to Mexico.

We decided on not having a reception in Mexico. So after the ceremony we will have a cocktail hour and mariachi band playing for an hour while we are getting our pictures taken. Then those guests that want to join us we will head to dinner in one of restaurants. After dinner we will head to the disco and party the night away! We figured our guests would enjoy a not so scheduled day and they can basically do what they want after the cocktail hour since it is their vacation too. :)

Good Luck Claire! When will you arrive at the CAT? I know you already told me months ago but I forgot.

~ Erica

Quote:
Hi all

Hi Claire

Sorry to hear you are feeling a little stressed, I remember the feeling myself but all i can say is don't! Its funny i remember how stressed i was feeling before we left about things like DJ, table decor etc but trust me once you get there all that will go away. I can't tell you enough how great Elena and her team are.

I took with me some shells and some battery fairly lights, i gave them to Elena in a box and just said, 'do something with these' and they did an amazing job. My guests couldn't believe how lovely the reception looked.

I also took some chair sashes which i was glad i did, it just gives your wedding that personal touch. They were just off ebay and really cheap.

As for the DJ its really up to you, I'm sure the DJ is great but we ended up just taking an ipod which they plug straight into a big speaker and that for fine for us, we had everyone up dancing.

We had 24 of us and 8 staff waiting on us.

Take a look at the photos of my reception

http://www.sajoalbums.uk.tt/Wedding

If yu have any other question just ask - good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

We will be flying to the US on Feb. 2nd and then we leave for Mexico on Feb. 7th and get married on Feb. 10th! The time is flying and I have a list of things to do yet.

THE LIST

* Buy CD (Somewhere over the rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) for walking down the aisle with my dad

* Get legally married on Feb. 3rd hee-hee :)

* Get coolers/beer for groomsman for GM gift (we also had embroiddered beach towels made for our bridal party)

* Buy wedding jewelry for me

* Buy a few more fans for guests at wedding

* Select food for AHR - Feb. 19

* Send music to DJ for AHR

Ahhhhhh.... is anyone getting any sleep? I feel so sleep deprived!

~ Erica