Meyer 2010,

thanks! I have 2 prettier logos made too. It's so much fun! haha. I have 18 months to alternate.

Morgan,

I feel the same about not needing a reception. Want to have my wedding early in the day and just let everyone have the rest to themselves and meet up at bar/disco or whatever the resort I'll choose has to offer.

Hi everyone!

I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by and now I'm in my final month before the wedding! Quick question...I have a fairly large group coming and am starting to get nervous about the Pure Chill Out holding everyone for dinner. We have 88 booked including us (bride/groom). Any thoughts? The resort is aware of my number and haven't said anything about it not working..just thought I'd ask.

We did the semi-private dinner in the mexican restaurant as our reception. We only had 23 guests & they let us squeak by over the 20 person limit.

This was our schedule

4:00 ceremony

champagne served on beach right after

group picture

then everyone dispersed & we went off & took pictures for about an hour. This is when people ate ice cream & did whatever.

At 6:30 we met back up for dinner at the mexican restaurant.

We went back to our room after & some of our guests went to the disco. They had a blast. We heard all about it the next morning. The big story was my brother doing a dance routine to Whams Wake me up before you go go.

Another option to skip the formal reception, would be to have a 3-piece band play right after the ceremony & just have a little party right then. It would be wrapped up before dinner & people could do their own thing. If I planned it all again, I'd probably make the ceremony later in the day so it ended around sunset and have a mariachi band & a beach party. We got married on the longest day of the year, so there was plenty of sunlight for people to have dinner on their own, then the ceremony & then a beach party. Just something short like an hour would be long enough for us. Our guests went off & did all sorts of things the day of the wedding, so I don't think they would have cared if there wasn't a dinner & all of that. I think people were pretty worn out. I know we were.

I probably wouldn't change a thing, because I loved our wedding day. But, that would also be a fun way to do it. I didn't want a really late wedding, because I didn't want to feel stuck in my room all day. You can always decide to just avoid seeing each other once you are ready.

OK I'm going to think about my ideal timeline if not doing a full on private reception...

I think sunset was around 8:30 on our wedding day, but it is the solstice so that is really late.

I'd do this schedule if I planned it all again:

Dinner in my room while getting ready

pre-wedding pictures together at 6 for 30 minutes

ceremony at 7

immediately followed by champagne toast (b/c it was part of the package). With more people we would have done margaritas. It's cheaper & most of our guests would prefer them.

I'd would have liked to have a band play starting when we walked down the aisle to kick off the party.

and play for about an hour - 1 1/2.

During that time we'd do group pictures & sneak away for a bit to take some romantics. The last hour before sunset is such a beautiful time for photography.

After about an hour, we'd call it a night.

I really didn't want a full blown reception. It's just something I don't think I would have enjoyed. I prefered the other days with our guests, because I didn't like having the role of Bride. I think I would have enjoyed a band to take some of the attention off us.

Wow... this is great information! I just talked to my FI and he agrees that we don't need a reception. We will have about 30 or so guests so I'm guessing they won't let us squeak by that number in a regular restaurant. Hmmm... we'll see. We want our guests to just enjoy themselves and have it be low key since we are having an AHR when we get back to MI. So, maybe we'll look into having a band or cocktail reception afterwards but then break up for dinner.

Thanks for the help!

~ Erica

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreule View Post
I am getting married there on Feb 14th. My mom is gonna do my hair so I' don't know for sure, but I will try to find out for you while I'm there. As for your gf walking down the aisle, I'll try to check into it as well.
Joleen
Hey!

I was just reading the older threads and saw your post.

We are getting married February 10th! We are only 4 days apart. Yayy!!! We leave on your wedding day! How cool to get married on V-day!!! So exciting!

You should join the "February 2010 Bride" Forum

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-brides-47759/

Good Luck with the rest of your planning! :)

~ Erica

Hey everyone

Hope all the planning is going well. Im really not much further forward, hence the lack of posts.

Getting married Feb 18th, 22 people are booked, still waiting for about 20 more.

Get married at 4.30pm, then having Moments that Matter photographers to do our pictures. Was thinking about just sending people to the P.C.O.B whilst getting our pics done. Then looking to have the buffet there. I was really stuck about what to do for entertainment. Was thinking about hiring a band or something just for an hour or so during the photo time.

Not too sure what to do about music during the meal. What do you think?

Was just going to have my i-pod and hire the speakers and mic for speeches. Then once we have all had food, and some drinks take the party to the hotel disco.

Not doing a first dance, or cutting of the cake. So don't think we really need a DJ to sort music and introductions.

Do you think that sounds ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire.cw.watson View Post
Hey everyone

Hope all the planning is going well. Im really not much further forward, hence the lack of posts.
Getting married Feb 18th, 22 people are booked, still waiting for about 20 more.
Get married at 4.30pm, then having Moments that Matter photographers to do our pictures. Was thinking about just sending people to the P.C.O.B whilst getting our pics done. Then looking to have the buffet there. I was really stuck about what to do for entertainment. Was thinking about hiring a band or something just for an hour or so during the photo time.
Not too sure what to do about music during the meal. What do you think?
Was just going to have my i-pod and hire the speakers and mic for speeches. Then once we have all had food, and some drinks take the party to the hotel disco.

Not doing a first dance, or cutting of the cake. So don't think we really need a DJ to sort music and introductions.

Do you think that sounds ok?
Your wedding day sounds VERY similiar to mine.

- Getting married Feb. 10th @ CAT
- 27 people booked (waiting for 10 more)
- Haven't hired a photographer yet (yikes!)
- Wedding at 3:00 pm on the beach
- Thinking of doing a "cocktail hour" (downside: have to pay for drinks) or sending our guests to the bar (upside: "free" drinks)
- Also thinking of hiring a Mariachi Band for 2 hours during "cocktail hour" but they are $300/hour!
- No reception planned for Mexico but will do a AHR when we return to Michigan
- Since a cake is included in our package we might just do that at our "cocktail hour" but we won't be doing first dances since we'll save that for the AHR

Good Luck with the rest of your planning!

~ Erica