Quote:
Originally Posted by hulaqt View Post
My wedding date is fast approaching ... July 9! I'm planning on having the ceremony on beach - can anyone tell me if they wore shoes or not during the ceremony? Kind of a silly question - but I must plan accordingly :)

TIA
i wore sandals covered in sea shells. i got them at kohls.

the officiant (elena the WC) did not wear shoes.

my mom wore wedges walking me down the aisle & she didn't have any problems.

Hi Everyone

I have booked all my guests into standard rooms however most of them have said they would like to updgrade before we go rather than do it when we arrive.

Does anyone know the specific differences between the standard and luxury rooms?

Thanks

Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBride09 View Post
Hi Everyone

I have booked all my guests into standard rooms however most of them have said they would like to updgrade before we go rather than do it when we arrive.

Does anyone know the specific differences between the standard and luxury rooms?

Thanks

Sally
they are very different. I had a standard room (you can see pics in this thread) but mine was larger than most standards. I think they gave us a nicer one.

The luxury rooms have a stand up shower inside & the tub on the patio. I didn't want my tub outside so we did not want to upgrade.

The suites are completely different. it's not just a few upgrades. its an entirely different design. our guests really liked them, but I prefered our room.

They have a mini fridge, also. That is why my mom upgraded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
they are very different. I had a standard room (you can see pics in this thread) but mine was larger than most standards. I think they gave us a nicer one.

The luxury rooms have a stand up shower inside & the tub on the patio. I didn't want my tub outside so we did not want to upgrade.

The suites are completely different. it's not just a few upgrades. its an entirely different design. our guests really liked them, but I prefered our room.

They have a mini fridge, also. That is why my mom upgraded.
Thanks Morgan

I just have one more question about the rooms... do the standard rooms have a kettle and a bath tub? Two of my guests are bringing babies and need these facilitlies.

Thanks

Sally

Quote:
Thanks Morgan

I just have one more question about the rooms... do the standard rooms have a kettle and a bath tub? Two of my guests are bringing babies and need these facilitlies.

Thanks

Sally
What's a kettle? A tea pot?

Quote:
To boil water :-)

My friends needs to boil water to heat the milk for her baby
oh, the most likely thing to have in the hotel would be a coffee pot. I don't remember if our room had one. I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't have paid attention.

The rooms do have tubs. The suites just have them on the patio. its not completely private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
It says 5 days on the website, but I think you can do less. I believe the legal requirements are 3 full weekdays. I would ask them about the requirements. I feel like they told me less than 5 days.

We are doing the renewal of vows. it's $1000 less & we wanted to be able to personalize our ceremony. If you do the legal ceromony it is performed in spanish by a judge & they have to say a certain script. By doing a symbolic ceremony we are able to have the ceremony we want. I am also happy to save the money & hassle. I don't want to spend time in Mexico with legal stuff. We are going up to the courthouse next week to sign the paperwork. Both moms were happy with the decision.

Capt Ricks Sports Fishing Mexico Charters, sailfish, marlin, dorado, wahoo, Puerto Aventuras, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya
I'll do a review when we get back. I've heard good things about them & they have been great to work with so far. Also, prices are great. If you have 6 people it's only $45 each.
Hello... We are also doing the symbolic ceremony. We figured that our marriage wouldn't be legal in the states anyways. So we will go to the courthouse before our wedding to get the necessary paperwork done. Plus we are paying the extra $300 for the minister so it looks more professional. We still save money and it's just like a legal ceremony.