Hey ladies, I don't know if this is the right resort but if so this is a fantastic deal!!

Special Offer from CheapCaribbean.com:

How HOT is this deal?

1 2 3 4 5 6

$49 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort* new

Mexican Riviera

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Travel dates: Select dates through July

By Lynn Nugent

Travelzoo Staff

For just $49 per night, stay beachfront in Mexico at the Catalonia Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort. That's at least 50% OFF regular rates. Kids ages six and under stay and eat FREE.

Valid for travel through July, this deal is especially impressive for July dates when it's prime summer vacation. Book by June 3 or until rooms sell out.

The per person price includes the following:

* All meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks

* Daily shuttle service to Playa Del Carmen (about 20 minutes away)

* One scuba diving lesson at the pool

* All taxes and gratuities

This resort, with its own private beach, offers good snorkeling, a great kids program, and free bike rental. It also shares privileges with its neighboring sister property. Between the two resorts there are six eateries, seven bars, five swimming pools and a nightclub. There's a nine-hole golf course located just across the street (not affiliated with the resort). The Catalonia Riviera Maya gets great reviews by past guests on many online travel sites.

For more details on the resort and this deal, click here to visit CheapCaribbean.com.

To book online:

-- Click the above link. Scroll down and click where it says "Book Now" under the Catalina Riviera Maya.

-- On the following page, see an orange box on the left that says "Book This Hotel." To book the resort without airfare, click the "Hotel Only" tab.

-- Enter your travel dates.

-- The price that appears is for two people based on double occupancy (so $98 per night).

To book by phone: Call CheapCaribbean.com at 800-915-2322 and mention Travelzoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiekiss View Post
Hey ladies, I don't know if this is the right resort but if so this is a fantastic deal!!

Special Offer from CheapCaribbean.com:
How HOT is this deal?
1 2 3 4 5 6
$49 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort* new

Mexican Riviera

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Travel dates: Select dates through July

By Lynn Nugent
Travelzoo Staff

For just $49 per night, stay beachfront in Mexico at the Catalonia Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort. That's at least 50% OFF regular rates. Kids ages six and under stay and eat FREE.

Valid for travel through July, this deal is especially impressive for July dates when it's prime summer vacation. Book by June 3 or until rooms sell out.

The per person price includes the following:

* All meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
* Daily shuttle service to Playa Del Carmen (about 20 minutes away)
* One scuba diving lesson at the pool
* All taxes and gratuities

This resort, with its own private beach, offers good snorkeling, a great kids program, and free bike rental. It also shares privileges with its neighboring sister property. Between the two resorts there are six eateries, seven bars, five swimming pools and a nightclub. There's a nine-hole golf course located just across the street (not affiliated with the resort). The Catalonia Riviera Maya gets great reviews by past guests on many online travel sites.

For more details on the resort and this deal, click here to visit CheapCaribbean.com.

To book online:
-- Click the above link. Scroll down and click where it says "Book Now" under the Catalina Riviera Maya.
-- On the following page, see an orange box on the left that says "Book This Hotel." To book the resort without airfare, click the "Hotel Only" tab.
-- Enter your travel dates.
-- The price that appears is for two people based on double occupancy (so $98 per night).

To book by phone: Call CheapCaribbean.com at 800-915-2322 and mention Travelzoo.
I know - I booked a couple of months ago and could have saved over $500 for the total package .... who could have predicted the Swine Flu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulaqt View Post
Does anyone know how much it costs for a day pass? I'm hiring a photographer (not part of the resort) and I believe I read somewhere that I need to get him a day pass - Thanks!
I think the day pass was around $80 during my wedding. I negotiated something a little lower for the day of the wedding. Then we didn't have any guests stay off the hotel.

They didn't charge me a day pass for vendors. We only had our videographer coming in. I just told he was coming so he had no issue getting in.

Our photographer stayed at the hotel.

The catalonia is really great with their vendor policies.

hulaqt, I actually emailed Elena about the day passes a few weeks ago and she said it's $45 for a day or night pass. From what I heard from vendors they generally buy a day pass and the resort usually forgets about the night pass.

Hope this helps :-)

Hi:

I will be getting married at the Catalonia Yucatan on July 14th, 2009. I have booked the Lookea bar for a private dinner reception.

Do any of you know how flexible the Catalonia Yucatan is with their menu and menu prices? The menu I received show prices of an average of $55 per plate.

I am thinking of asking them if it is possible to make other arrangements. If any of you had worked with the caterers at the Catalonia I would be grateful for some tips.

Hi

I would also like to hire the Lookea bar (Chill out Bar) for my reception.

Have you had to pay a fee to hire the Lookea bar ? I've heard its $500 an hour is that right?

Also how did you manage to get the menus? I've email for them 3 times but no luck!

Thanks

i posted menus in this thread. they might be out of date. can someone post a recent menu?

It's really helpful if everyone shares the info as they get it. They are so overworked at the hotel, so it's much easier to get the information from each other.

There is an updated menu (which I think may have the same menu prices as the one Morgan posted on here before) http://www.hoteles-catalonia.com/hc/...=detalle&id=80

We weren't charged an hourly fee for the "pure chill out bar", we had 40 people at the wedding, and had no other choice for a reception other than the P.C.O.B. and we had chosen the Grill menu and I can 100% say it was worth every penny!! At first we thought it was insane to pay more on top of the all inclusive package we were already paying, but it truly was amazing! There is a fee for the DJ which is almost $200 US so we didn't go with that, but that meant we had no microphone for the speeches and also found out (day of the wedding) that to play our CDs we brought we had to pay just over $100 US for that (should have opted for the DJ maybe)

I think that the menu prices are set in stone, and if they were to allow outside caterers in (which I doubt) it would cost the same if not more..

hope that helps a bit :)

Hi:

I have listed the menu that I was sent by Myriam Vater below. She is the one who organizes the reception part of the wedding.

If you do go with a dinner reception in the Lookea bar you don't have to pay any additional fees to rent it. It is included in the cost of the dinner. Drinks from the regular bar are also included. The only time you would have to pay for the Lookea bar is if you are not doing the dinner, but just using it for the dance. In that case they would also charge you an additional charge per person for drinks.

The dinner is buffet style.

MENU

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “INTERNATIONAL 1â€

Cena Estilo Buffet “Internacional 1â€

SALAD BAR (6) / Barra de ensaladas

COLD ENTRIES / Entradas frías

CHEESE VARIETY, SEAFOOD COCKTAIL , VARIETY PATES (ESPEJO DE PATES), ROAST BEEF, SALAD BAR AND DECORATED TURKEY.

Variedad de quesos, Cóctel de mariscos, Variedad de pates, Roast beef,

Barra de ensaladas decoradas con pavo.

SOUP / Sopa

ESTRAGON MUSSELS CREAM / Crema de mejillones al estragón.

MAIN COURSES / Platos principales

SPAGUETTI (AL PESTO), SQUIDS (A LA VASCA), FISH FILLET (AL ENELDO),

OVEN LEG PORK AND TURKEY SUPREME WITH RED PEPPERS.

Spaguetti al pesto, Calamares a la vasca, Filete de pescado al eneldo,

Pierna de cerdo y pavo horneado con pimientos rojos.

GARNISHES / Guarnición

GRATIN POTATOES, RICE WITH VEGETABLES FROM THE SEASON AND BOUQUETIERE VEGETABLES.

Papas al horno gratinadas, Arroz con verduras de la estación y Verduras bouquetiere

DESSERTS / Postres

CHEESE CAKE, CHOCOLATE CAKE, FRUIT TARTALETTE, CARAMEL CUSTARD

Pastel de queso, Pastel de chocolate, Tartaleta de fruta, Natilla.

COFFEE OR TEA Café y/o Té

55 USD per person

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “INTERNATIONAL 2â€

Cena Estilo buffet “Internacional 2â€

SALAD BAR / Barra de ensaladas

LETTUCE VARIETY, CUCUMBER, TOMATO, PEPPERS SALAD, POTATOES SALAD, PALMITOS SALAD, CHICK-BEANS SALAD, BEANS SALAD, FISH “CEVICHEâ€, GUACAMOLE, CHICKEN SALAD, TUNA SALAD, HOUSE PATÉ.

Variedad de lechuga, Pepinos, Tomate, Ensalada de pimientos, Ensalada de papa, Ensalada de palmitos, Ensalada de garbanzos, Ensalada de frijoles, Ceviche de pescado, Guacamole, Ensalada de pollo, Ensalada de atún, Paté de la casa.

GARNISHES / Guarniciones

GREEN OLIVES, PARSLEY, GARLIC FLAKES, GHERKINS AND LEMONS.

Aceituna verde, Ajo picado, Pepinillos y Limones.

DRESSING / Aderezos

VINAIGRETTE, MIL ISLAS, ROQUEFORT, FRENCH, AURORA, CESAR DRESSING.

Vinagreta, Mil islas, Roquefort, Frances, Aurora, Aderezo Cesar.

SOUP / Sopa

RED BEANS “POTAJE†(SOUP) / Potaje de alubias.

CURRY RICE, MUSAKA EGIPCIANA (BEEF WITH EGGPLANT, ONION, TOMATO AND PARMESANO CHEESE), BIG POTATOES, BROUNOISE MIXTE VEGETABLES, FUSILLI A LA MARINERA (FUSILLI WITH SEAFOOD), BEEF FLANK IN ARANDANO SAUCE, STUFFED PORK LOIN IN IT´S JUICE, BREADED FISH FILLET, BEER TO CHICKEN, SHRIMP WITH NOPALES IN AJILLO SAUCE.

Arroz al curry, Carne de res con berenjena, cebolla, tomate y queso parmesano,

Papas, Brounise de vegetal mixto, Fusilli con mariscos, Arrachera en salsa de arandano,

Lomo de Cerdo relleno en su jugo, Filete de pescado empanizado, Pollo a la cerveza, Camarones al ajillo con nopales

SAUCES / SALSAS

MEXICAN SAUCE, GREEN SAUCE, MOLCAJETE SAUCE

Salsa mexicana, Salsa verde, Salsa molcajete

DESSERTS / Postres

MANGO MOUSE, LEMON PIE, CARROT CAKE, SELVA NEGRA (chocolate cake), CHEESE CAKE, MOCKA CAKE

Mousse de Mango, Pay de limón, Pastel de zanahoria, Selva negra, Pastel de queso

Pastel de moka.

56 USD PER PERSON

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “CARIBBEANâ€

Cena Estilo buffet “Caribeño “

SALAD BAR 1 / Barra de ensaladas 1

LETTUCE SALAD, ESCOLFADO TOMATO SALAD, ZUCCHINI WITH VINEGAR SALAD, CUCUMBER, LEMON AN CHILLI SALAD, GREEN BEANS AND BACON SALAD, ORANGE AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD, SARDINE SALAD.

Ensalada de lechugas tiernas, Ensalada de tomate escalfado, Ensalada de calabacita,

Ensalada de pepino con limón y chile piquen, Ensalada de ejotes con tocino,

Ensalada de toronja y naranja, Ensalada de sardina

SALAD BAR 2 / Barra de ensaladas 2

FIISH CEVICHE, SHRIMP COCKTAIL, MUSSELS IN VENAIGRETTE, OCTUPUS IN ESCABECHE.

Ceviche de pescado, Cóctel de camarón, Mejillones a al vinagreta, Pulpo en escabeche.

COLD CUTS AND CHEESES BAR / Barra de Carnes frías y quesos

AHUMADO SALMON, SERRANO CURED HAM, TERRINA FISHED,

VARIETY OF CHEESES WITH GRAPES

Salmón ahumado, Jamón serrano, Terrina de pescado, Quesos variados con uva

GARNISHES / Guarniciones.

GHERKINS, GREEN OLIVES, GARLIC FLAKES, BLACK OLIVES, ONIONS.

Pepinillos, Cebolla cambray, Aceitunas verdes, Alcaparras, Aceituna negra y Ajo picado.

DRESSINGS / Aderezos

VINAIGRETTE, MIL ISLAS, ROQUEFORT, FRENCH, AURORA, CESAR DRESSING.

Vinagreta, Mil islas, Roquefort, Frances, Aurora, Aderezo Cesar.

SOUP / Sopa

SHRIMP CREAM WITH SHERRY.

Crema de camarones al jerez.

BLACK RICE WITH SEAFOOD, YUCA WITH GARLIC, ZUCCHINI MASHED, VICHY CARROT WITH HONEY AND ROSEMARY, SEAFOOD STUFFED CHICKEN IN TAMARIND SAUCE, BREADED SHRIMP TO COCONUT, STUFFED PORK LOIN IN PLUM SAUCE, FISH FILLET “TIKIN-XICâ€, SALMON KABOBS TO MENIER

Arroz negro con marisco, Yuca con mojo de ajo, Puré de calabaza, Zanahoria Vichy con miel al romero, Suprema de pollo relleno de marisco con salsa de tamarindo,

Camarones empanizados al coco, Lomo de cerdo en salsa de ciruela,

Filete de pescado Tikin-xic, Brocheta de salmón al menier.

DESSERTS / Postres

MANGO MOUSE, FRUITS HOJALDRE, APPLE STRUDELL, PINEAPPLE PIE, ORANGE PIE, COCONUT CAKE, CARAMEL FLAN, CHOCOLATE CAKE Mousse de mango, Hojaldre con frutas, Strudel de manzana, Pay de piña, Pay de naranja, Pastel de coco, Flan de caramelo, Pastel de chocolate

62 USD PER PERSON

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “ SPAIN â€

Cena Estilo buffet “ España “

ENTRIES / Entradas

ANDANZA SALAD WITH TOMATO, TUNA, PEPPERS AND OLIVES,

SOUTH ANDRES SALAD WITH CABBAGE, ARTICHOKE, PINEAPPLE, TOMATO AND CORN

SPANISH TORTILLA WITH POTATO AND CHORIZO SAUSAGE

CATALANA SALAD WITH HAM , SNAP PEAS, RED PEPPERS AND POTATO

SALAD WITH CABBAGE PINEAPPLE, ORANGE AND RAISINS

Ensalada Andanza con Tomate, Pimientos y Aceitunas

Ensalada Andres del sur con col, alcachofas, piña, tomate y elote

Tortilla española con papa y chorizo

Ensalada Catalana con jamón, chicharos, pimientos rojos y papas.

Ensalada de col, piña, naranja y pasas.

SOUP / Sopa

VEGETABLE SOUP WITH SHERRY LIQUOR

Sopa de verduras con licor de jerez.

VALENCIANA PAELLA,

FISH FILLET IN A PARSLEY, WINE AND CAPER SAUCE

LEG OF LAMB IN SPANISH SAUCE WITH OLIVES,

CHICKEN IN GARLIC SAUCE,

RAGOUT CATALANA,

GARLIC POTATOES, AUBERGINE, BROCOLI IN CREAM SAUCE

Paella Valenciana,

Filete de pescado acompañado de una salsa de perejil, vino y alcaparras.

Pierna de cordero en salsa española con aceitunas,

Pollo en salsa de ajo

Ragout catalana,

Papas al ajo, berenjena, salseado con una crema de broccoli.

DESSERTS / Postres

COLD MILK, ICE CREAM OF PISTACHE AND CHOCOLATE, NUTS CAKE, FLAMED BANANA

AND TROPICAL FRUITS

Leche fría, Helado de pistache y chocolate, Pastel de nuez, Plátanos fritos, Fruta variada.

54 USD per person

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “ MEXICO â€

Cena Estilo buffet “ Mexico “

ENTRIES / Entradas

WHITE BEAN SALAD, BEAN SALAD WITH BACON, CORN SALAD WITH MEXICAN SALAD, TOMATO SALAD, SEAFOOD COCKTAIL, GUACAMOLE

Ensalada Blanca de habas, Ensalada de habas con tocino,

Ensalada de elote acompañada de ensalada mexicana.

Ensalada de Tomate, Cóctel de mariscos, Guacamole

SOUP / Sopa

TORTILLA SOUP

Sopa de tortilla.

CHICKEN TOSTADAS, POTATOES WITH CHORIZO SAUSAGE, MIXED FAJITAS,

FISH DRENCHED IN GARLIC, CORIANDER SHRIMP, CHICKEN IN RED MOLE SAUCE

Tostadas de pollo, Papas con chorizo, Fajitas Mixtas

Pescado al mojo de ajo, Camarones “Corianderâ€, Mole rojo con pollo.

SIDE DISHES/ Guarnición

MIXED VEGETABLES, MEXICAN RICE, REFRIED BEANS

Verduras mixtas, Arroz a la mexicana, Frijoles refritos.

SAUCES / SALSAS

RANCH SAUCE, MEXICAN SAUCE, GREEN SAUCE, TOTOPOS

Salsa Ranch, Salsa mexicana, Salsa verde, Totopos.

DESSERTS / Postres

RICE MILK PUDDING, MANGO MOUSSE, THREE MILK CAKE, COCONUT FLAN, TROPICAL FRUIT

Pudding de arroz, Mousse de mango, Pastel de tres leches, Flan de coco.

Fruta Variada.

CAFÉ DE OLLA Café de olla.

55 USD per person

BUFFET STYLE DINNER “ GRILL â€

Cena Estilo buffet “ Grill “

ENTRIES / Entradas

TOMATO, ADVOCADO, LETTUCE, CHEESE BOARD AND THREE DRESSINGS

Tomate, Aguacate, Lechuga, Barra de quesos y 3 aderezos.

BAR-B-QUE CHICKEN

Pollo en salsa B.B.Q.

NEW YORK

PORK CHOP

RIB EYE

FISH FILLET

Filete de pescado

SIDE DISHES/ Guarniciones

PILAF RICE, GARLIC PASTA,

JACKET POTATOES,

MIXED VEGETABLES

Arroz Pilaf, Pasta al ajo,

Papas rellenas,

Verduras mixtas.

SAUCES / SALSAS

RANCH, MEXICAN, AND BBQ SAUCE

Salsa Ranch, Mexicana y B.B.Q.

DESSERTS / Postres

CHOCOLATE CAKE, FRUIT TART, TROPICAL FRUITS,

CARAMEL AND NUT FLAN

Pastel de chocolate, Tarta de fruta, Flan de caramelo y nuez.

58 USD per person

NOTAS

Los precios arriba mencionados son por persona en Dólares americanos.

Incluyen Servicio e IVA.

Incluye bebidas del bar y vino de la casa.

Fecha limite de pago 2 días antes del evento.

Cenas privadas disponibles a partir de 15 personas mínimo.

Todas las cenas se ofrecen en forma buffet.

Cenas con servicio a la mesa disponible según solicitud,

sujetos a disponibilidad.

Los precios arriba mencionados incluyen la renta del

“Pure Chill Out Bar“ como lugar privado.

Decoración del lugar con telas blancas, hojas de palmera y velas. Mantelería blanca. Mesas redondas de 10 personas por mesa.

Para grupos grandes (a partir de 60 personas) se incluye la renta de una carpa para obtener espacio techado adicional.

CONTACTO

Departamento de Ventas

Hoteles Catalonia México

rivieramaya.ventas2@hoteles-catalonia.es

Tel: +52 984 875 1020 Ext 5015