Hello and welcome!

I dont really have any information on the new wedding coordinator, but I am sure she will be great also.

I think this resort would completely meet your needs. Our group will be between 56-60 people and we have some children and babies coming as well, so I think you'll be okay! If you read through this thread you will find out everything there is to know about the Catalonia Riviera Maya.

On another note...to the brides who are marrying soon, and ones who already have-what have you done, or are you doing for reception decorations in the Pure Chill Out Bar? I need some inspiration and or pictures to guide me! I am also not exactly sure what the resort provides besides palm leaves and white linens...for example, do they offer candles or vases if we buy flowers?

Kristen

Hi All

Thanks for all the great info and inspirations we are looking at doing the deed at the end of Febuary begining of March in 2012. We will probably have a group of 40 or more and I was wondering about how this works for the private dinner do you have to pay for over 20 guests or is that the largest group they can handle?

Cheers

Barb

Hey guys, I have a few other questions....

1. who did you get to do your make-up? My sister is doing my hair, but I am not sure what the options for make-up are.

2. who are you getting do perform the ceremony? We are doing the renewal of vows, and want to write our own vows, but I don't have anyone to actually perform the ceremony. Do you think someone from the resort would do it? I am not sure what the options are.

3. specifically about possible flowers for the guests tables at the reception... some of you have mentioned buying the $50 flowers for the pilars and then transfering them to the reception. Will they take apart these large bouquets of flowers for you and put them into smaller bunches for the tables?

Kristen

I think this hotel is perfect for all ages as you can relax or be involved in all the activites - you can do whatever you want.  It really does have something for everyone which is why we chose to go back and get married here - as its excellent value as well.

The new wc; pilar; is really good she has been contacting me recently as I leave in 9 days - woo hoo :-)

Originally Posted by wed101911 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I am brand new to BDW's and we are concidering Catalonia Rivier Maya in Puerto Adventuras for our DW in October 2011. We have about 40 guests ranging from age 9 to 85 coming to our DW and about 9 kids between the ages of 9 and 14.  Do you this this resort has a little for everyone? From reading above, it sounds like the wedding coordinator is leaving, does anyone know anything good or bad about the new one? Any info is much apprecaited on anything you'd like to share. Like I said I am new to all of this, so it can get a little confusing and stressful at times trying to figure all this out :).

Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kplanta View Post

Hey guys, I have a few other questions....

1. who did you get to do your make-up? My sister is doing my hair, but I am not sure what the options for make-up are.

2. who are you getting do perform the ceremony? We are doing the renewal of vows, and want to write our own vows, but I don't have anyone to actually perform the ceremony. Do you think someone from the resort would do it? I am not sure what the options are.

3. specifically about possible flowers for the guests tables at the reception... some of you have mentioned buying the $50 flowers for the pilars and then transfering them to the reception. Will they take apart these large bouquets of flowers for you and put them into smaller bunches for the tables?

Kristen

Quote:

Hello and welcome!

I dont really have any information on the new wedding coordinator, but I am sure she will be great also.

I think this resort would completely meet your needs. Our group will be between 56-60 people and we have some children and babies coming as well, so I think you'll be okay! If you read through this thread you will find out everything there is to know about the Catalonia Riviera Maya.

On another note...to the brides who are marrying soon, and ones who already have-what have you done, or are you doing for reception decorations in the Pure Chill Out Bar? I need some inspiration and or pictures to guide me! I am also not exactly sure what the resort provides besides palm leaves and white linens...for example, do they offer candles or vases if we buy flowers?

Kristen

Hello and welcome!

Kristen

Hey Kristen,

I am having my reception at the pure chill out too and I am buying the round Japanese paper latterns with batteries in them, half in turquiose and half in black (those are our wedding colours). I also got aqua and black diamond confetti for the tables and I am going to look for turquoise tea lights to put on the table too. I am also buying chair sashes for the wedding ceremony in turqoise, and them I am going to ask that they change them and put them on the reception chairs. I am also going to buy the flowers so I guess I will just discuss with them about using them at the reception.

Also we are doing a renewal of the vows and are probably going to hire a minister to perform the ceremony. Another girl who got married at the cat did this through a contact the hotel had and they were very happy with them, so its that or someone from the hotel, but I think I like the minister idea.

I also got turqoise silk fans for the ladies for the wedding ceremony. We are going in May so it is going to be hot!

I don't know who will do my make up, it would be nice for someone else to do it but I don't know if people from the hotel do and if they are good. I may just apply my foundation and have my friend do my eyes. I am worried about my hair too just because its hard to work with being that I have a ton of it and its thick, I may get the hair trial done right when I get there so I know that I will like it day of. I have had a lot of bad hair-dos and want it to be good on the wedding day!

Lacey

Thanks for sharing Lacey!

I am really struggling with how much I should try to bring along with me....We are doing gift bags, and with that comes excess luggage! I want to have tea lights, but I dont want to have to bring the glass holders for them because that could get heavy. What are you putting your tea lights in? Also, where did you get your paper lanterns? Do you have them already? I am curious about how much space they would take up in suitcase....

Kristen

Sorry ladies I dont know what happened to my post yesterday but I wrote something along the lines............... Pilar contacted me today to choose my flowers there are about 12 different options - they are all lovely I choose these ones as our wedding colours are gold and turquoise.  I wanted something 'tropical'Iflower 1.jpg