Hello ladies!

So we just arrived back from our wedding at the Cat. We had 28 guests all staying there and everyone enjoyed themselves. If you've read reviews about the resort most of them are correct, the beach is rocky, the workers work tremendously hard and the grounds are gorgeous. The wedding itself was exactly what Josh and I envisioned and I couldn't be happier with the turn out. We did a private reception and they went above and beyond. It is well worth the extra money!

We hired our own DJ (Dj mannia) and they kept everyone on their feet until the very end of the night, even causing the guests to chant "uno mas" at the end of the reception, they complied and played one final song.

Ivan Luckie was our photographer, him and his wife are a fantastic combo! Her english isn't very good and I wish I knew spanish better so I could've been able to communicate with her better. None the less she had incredible ideas and combined with Ivan's artistic eye they are a great package.

Any questions feel free to ask! But, I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed with the Catalonia. Josh and I did have a couple bumps along the way once we arrived and despite those we still wouldn't have changed a thing.

Welcome back!!!

We were going to do the private reception too but couldn't justify the $40/per person charge when we were staying at an all inclusive. So, if you are a penny pincher like me ask them if you can have your "reception" in one of the buffets! We did that and we had a great time and they decorated our tables so nicely and we didn't have to pay a dime!!!!!! We had 40 guests so an extra $1600 wasn't an option for us!

Good Luck!

~ Erica

hey girls!!

I'm a little worried again about Elena! I have been trying to get a hold of her with no response. My wedding is in two weeks. Nothing has been planned or even talked about!

I know she's busy and told she waited until near the wedding to start planning, but does she normally wait this long to figure things out?

Amanda

Hello Amanda,

I completely understand what you are saying about Elena, I tried to express to her in a kind way my frustrations with her lack of communication. She really didn't seem apologetic, but I can assure you that when you get down there everything will be handled and done professionaly. I think they just do things differently down there and move at a slower more relaxed pace.

Just take a deep breath and enjoy the last few weeks until your wedding!

Hi Girls!!

2 weeks from today I will be arriving at the Cat! I'm so excited!

I finally got confirmation from Elena today, she answered all my quetions, but since we have 26 going down we wont be able to get a speciality resturant for the wedding dinner. I was glad to read that the buffet style is set up beautifuly, and I guess it doesn't really matter where we eat, it will be still so much fun!

If anyone has any tips for our stay at the Cat, let me know! We were there last year, but I always love to get other people's input on the resort!

Bye for now!

A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMc View Post
Hi Girls!!

2 weeks from today I will be arriving at the Cat! I'm so excited!
I finally got confirmation from Elena today, she answered all my quetions, but since we have 26 going down we wont be able to get a speciality resturant for the wedding dinner. I was glad to read that the buffet style is set up beautifuly, and I guess it doesn't really matter where we eat, it will be still so much fun!

If anyone has any tips for our stay at the Cat, let me know! We were there last year, but I always love to get other people's input on the resort!

Bye for now!
A.

Good luck with everything and hope you have the best day you could wish for. My wedding is not until Jan'11 and i too had contact from Elena today to say she cant confirm an actual date until August; so she must be going through her emails. Please let us know how the whole day goes once you are back.

On a seperate note i am still trying to navigate myself around this site - does anyone know or can tell me how i can find some photos of actual weddings at the hotel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Good luck with everything and hope you have the best day you could wish for. My wedding is not until Jan'11 and i too had contact from Elena today to say she cant confirm an actual date until August; so she must be going through her emails. Please let us know how the whole day goes once you are back.

On a seperate note i am still trying to navigate myself around this site - does anyone know or can tell me how i can find some photos of actual weddings at the hotel?
Hey there you can look on moments that matter photography, they have done at least two weddings there, I believe. Also if you go back in this thread, if you haven't done so already, there are links to photos of weddings at the hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&C In Love View Post
Hey there you can look on moments that matter photography, they have done at least two weddings there, I believe. Also if you go back in this thread, if you haven't done so already, there are links to photos of weddings at the hotel.
Thanks had a look through the older posts but unfortunately a lot of them have been removed from the relevant website. But i did get to see one, just wanted to see the set up. It all looks lovely.

Also looking through older posts and what my TA said I am confused over the reception package re: the number of people for a private reception. There are 18 of us in total travelling from the UK and we def want a private reception - do you get a choice of where this is done or will we have to be in the main buffet restaurant? It just i cant email the hotel yet as it is too far in advance and hope one of you lovely ladies may be able to shed some light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Thanks had a look through the older posts but unfortunately a lot of them have been removed from the relevant website. But i did get to see one, just wanted to see the set up. It all looks lovely.

Also looking through older posts and what my TA said I am confused over the reception package re: the number of people for a private reception. There are 18 of us in total travelling from the UK and we def want a private reception - do you get a choice of where this is done or will we have to be in the main buffet restaurant? It just i cant email the hotel yet as it is too far in advance and hope one of you lovely ladies may be able to shed some light.

The private reception is held in the Pure Chill Out Bar-which is a great location, it's right off the beach and spacious enough. They literally set up for the reception all day. We did the grill menu and I would highly recommend that. All of our guests said it was the best meal they ate during the trip. Hope this helps!