Photo

Sandals Grande Ocho Rios-share your vacation experience

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bridget917

bridget917
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

There have been quite a few people who have been to SGOR lately, either for weddings or honeymoons. I know there are more headed that way too! I thought it would be neat to share favorite experiences from the resort, not necessarily wedding related...if you add yours I promise I'll add mine after I get there. So here's a few questions to get started...if anyone thinks of others add those too!

What was your favorite:
    Restaurant (and dish)
    Hang out place
    Bar/Lounge
    Excursion
    Included Activity

#2 AmandaR

AmandaR
    • 241 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

Restaurant (and dish): Reef Terrace's Jerk PorkHang out place: our balcony
      Bar/Lounge: Sundowner
      Excursion: didn't go on any excursions
      Included Activity: Glass bottom boat ride and Aqua Trike

Amanda

#3 bridget917

bridget917
      • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Quote:
        Included Activity: Glass bottom boat ride and Aqua Trike
        The aqua trikes look like fun! I've never actually seen one in person before...are they as big as they look?

BTW, love your signature pic!

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

Bridget, I changed your thread title so hopefully you will get some more responses.
        I stayed at Couples Ocho Rios and I know its a different resort but I second the glass bottom boat activity, we did that as well and it was so great.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 bridget917

bridget917
        • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

Thank you Christine! I definitely want to give the glass bottom boat a try...that's the safe way to see what's in the water! :)

#6 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

it was very cool and my DH got really sunburnt and since it was covered it was one of the only water activities we could do.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 AmandaR

AmandaR
          • 241 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:54 AM

After we saw what was in the water the tour guide gave us a tour of the surrounding area. It was nice to finally find out what the other resorts are nearby and why you have to walk across the bridge to get from the Riviera Beach to the Beach Club.

As an FYI, make you to make your reservation for the glass bottom boat ride as early in the day as possible. They only do them at noon and 4 pm, and they both book up by mid-morning. What stinks is that you can only reserve a slot for the day you're actually doing it. The water sports office opens at 8:30 am, and we made sure we were down there then after missing it the first day we wanted to go!

Oh, and the Aqua Trikes are HUGE! My legs were a little sore afterward.

Amanda

#8 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
            • 419 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:47 AM

What was your favorite:

Restaurant (and dish): I really like the steak with Blue cheese at Valentino. I forget what it was actually called. I LOVED the Jamaican Smiles from any of the bars...lol
              Hang out place: There are soo many places. The pool on the Riviera side near the water sports. It was never terribly busy. The pool with the slide on the Manor side is where we had most of our laughs. Our room was great and I loved sitting my balcony reading first thing in the morning. The hidden pool was pretty cool too. Oh and the Pier has swings you can sit in and just look out into the ocean.
              Bar/Lounge: The bar in the Riviera building but only cause our favorite bartender Milton worked there. :-)
              Excursion: River tubing but I liked Coyaba Gardens and Dunns River alot too.
              Included Activity: LIke everyone else said, the glass botton boat. We did all the water activities and really liked the wind sailing too.

#9 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
              • 716 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

Great thread!

What was your favorite:
                Restaurant (and dish) - Reef Terrace (West Indian Pepper Pot Soup)
                Hang out place - The patio at our villa and the Manor Pool
                Bar/Lounge - Didn't really hang out at the bars! But visited the one on the manor side the most (for convenience!)
                Excursion - We planned an outside excursion for us and our guests thru Lee's Tours and they created a special sight-seeing, Dunn's River Falls, and shopping tour for us. It was great!
                Included Activity - Windsurfing was a lot of fun (I got completely soaked!) and we really enjoyed the snorkeling trip.

#10 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
                • 419 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

Anyone notice that the three of us that was at SGOR have the same general picture as our new signature pic?? Sorry I know that is off topic but we are all posted one after the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users