Photo

Cabo Hotels/Resorts... How soon to book?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sfbridetobe08

sfbridetobe08
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

I am planning a trip down to there in March or April to plan a May/June 08 wedding? Am I giving myself enough time? Did any of you book your hotel/resorts before traveling to see the places? Thanks, Amy

#2 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:41 PM

I will be booking my wedding resort and date before my site visit. But I'm doing the site visit in September 07 for a May 08 wedding.

I think you could definitly do your site visit and than start the booking process. You will still be a little over a year away from your actual date.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:33 PM

I have never even been to Cabo and I already booked my place. I don't know when I will be able to do a site visit, but I wanted to have a place booked. I don't think it will be a problem for you, since you are going next month and you will have more than a year until the time of your wedding.

-Glenda

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

A lot of people never see the place before they get there for their wedding - including me. I have booked everything, sigh unseen! I wish I would have had time for a site visit, but this wedding is planned purely over phone & email!

#5 Jen

Jen
          • 144 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:16 PM

The wedding planner at the resort we were looking at said that they don't start booking (weddings or reservations) for 2008 until around June or July..... so we can't do anything until then......we could probably do a site visit but chances of that are slim to none! I'm sure you'll be totally fine

#6 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

I signed my contract for my June 2007 wedding in April of 2006. I had already seen the resort. At the time I booked, I had my choice of 2 Saturdays in June. Hope this helps a little.

You should have plenty of time. You could always contact the resorts you are considering now to ask about availability in May/June 2008...might ease your mind a little.
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#7 aimee

aimee
              • 1,662 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

Hi Amy. I booked my resort a year before my weddding. I can't seem to convince my FI to do a site visit but we heard a lot of good things about our resort from friends & family.

Aimee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users