Talk to me about your AHR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleslie5 View Post
We might be going the way that Morgan did and cancelling ours as well. A lot of people who can't come to Mexico want to celebrate somehow, though, but if we end up doing one it will be very low key...I'm thinking afternoon garden party/bbq, very casual....
I think we're doing the same thing. I don't want to come home after my wedding to too much pressure on the AHR! We're thinking nice afternoon BBQ, heck we will probably end up with a pig roast!~

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are having a large AHR. It will only be the two of us for the wedding anyway. We anticipate about 300 people. Very casual and laid back. We rented a large lodge type building at the park. A few of our friends have done the same and we had a great time at theirs....hoping everyone will at ours also. Food, drink, friends, and family...and lots of fun!

We're having a shin-dig at the club I work at... It's right on the water, so it'll keep up the whole beach-y vibe from Mexico. We'll also have a Mexican buffet (with margaritas flowing of course) and a wedding cake. No dancing, garter toss, etc... We will have one of those photo montage things going, though!

Hello,

just wanted to chime in.

We're having a really small DW - my parents and my sister with family. So when we come back, in a few weeks, we'll have an AHR, I'm planning for 50-60 people, including close family and friends. We're going to do a "russian restaurant" thing - if you've been to one, you know what I mean :) Lots of food, dancing, drinking - we'll be doing our first dance, and cake cutting. I'm looking forward to both of course.

-L

We are having an AHR. I really want to have a small wedding (god willing people can't make it) and have our AHR be our celebration of the wedding for everyone. However my mom is throwing the AHR as a gift to us and we are having everything: renting a banquet hall, DJ, buffet, maybe cake, and the photo slideshow. Me and my FI are paying the fee for the banqut hall, DJ, and probably the alcohol. We are hoping we can get it done for cheap. I don't want to spend too much on it. My mom's friend will probably make the food and my best friend's friend bakes cakes. I would hate to spend a lot on it. If it costs a bunch I probably wouldn't even do it.

I wanted to have an AHR. There are a few things that's holding me back. We're getting married in October and I want my AHR to be at a location that has a pool so I was thinking about waiting until like June to have the AHR. Another thing is the costs. My whole purpose of having a DW was to cut the cost of a wedding at home but our budget is already at $15,000 and I wanted to keep it undere $10,000.

We are having an AHR at a "barn" looking rodeo in Charlotte. I plan to wear my dress again and we hope to have it be just like if it was right after our ceremony (except instead of a tropical decor it will be more cowboy/rustic. We won't have a reception at the DW and most of our friends/family can't come to the DW, so it will be a fun time to drink some wine and dance the night away (plus everyone will have the chance to watch our cermony video, see our pictures, sign our guestbook, etc...)

The AHR is planned for 3 weeks after our ceremony, 2 weeks after we get back to NC. :)

Well originally we decided against an AHR, however my FMIL threw a fit about her family in Europe that won't be able to come to Bermuda. We've been together for 11 years, we have the house, ect. We rather would have had a nice cash gift from both parents to do something to our house, but low and behold that wasn't an option!

So after debates, fighting, me having my breakdown stating I didn't want to get married anymore, we decided on a country club not to far from us. It's a little less then 3 weeks from when we get back. It'll be on a Sunday afternoon, we're doing a cocktail hour, buffet, dessert table. We're also doing our official first dance then, the daddy/daughter, mother/son dances. We're not doing a bouquet or garter toss. I'll have my laptop with a slide show of the actual wedding photos. I'm just going to get a champagne colored bridesmaid dress to wear that day, since we are having our marriage blessed earlier that morning in church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyKo View Post
We are having an AHR at a "barn" looking rodeo in Charlotte. I plan to wear my dress again and we hope to have it be just like if it was right after our ceremony (except instead of a tropical decor it will be more cowboy/rustic. We won't have a reception at the DW and most of our friends/family can't come to the DW, so it will be a fun time to drink some wine and dance the night away (plus everyone will have the chance to watch our cermony video, see our pictures, sign our guestbook, etc...)

The AHR is planned for 3 weeks after our ceremony, 2 weeks after we get back to NC. :)
ha! sounds almost identical to our AHR! elefant.gif

it's at a rustic place called texas old town. fun! :) :) :)

ours will be basically 1 week after the wedding, which i think will be stressful but fun @ the same time. happy "rustic" planning! message me with decor ideas if you want to share...i'm still trying to finalize things!