• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:21 AM

I have never done scrapbooking before, so I'm a little clueless...OK, very clueless. I will be making boarding pass invitaitons, so I am going to purchase a paper trimmer and am trying to figure out which blades I need. I know I need the traditional straight blade, so I'm not worried about that. I would like my RSVPs to tear off and be mailed to me as a postcard. I've seen people mention perforating blades and scoring blades. It sounds like the perforating blade would be what I want, but what does a scoring blade do?

#2 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:28 AM

I believe scoring blade bends the paper so it folds. What you want is the perforating blade to tear off the RSVPs.

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

A scoring blade makes a dent in the page so that it folds nicely and in a straight line.

I used mine on the ticket jackets primarily. (Plus the center fold of my passport STDs).

I found it much easier to work with a scoring blade than a ruler or a bone folder.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

Ah, ok. So that's why people are mentioning the scoring blade. That sounds perfect for the ticket jacket. I think I'll get both. Thanks girls!

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

Can you buy both those blades together in a kit of some sort? Like at Michaels or whatever? I need both too for my boarding pass invites! :)

#6 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:41 AM

I would recommend the Fiskars Desktop Rotary Trimmer: Click the image to open in full size.

I makes for a nice clean, fast cut and you can change the blades out of it. Not only can you get a blade for the scoring and cutting but also making those neat little perforated tear lines. Plus the blades are pretty cheap.

Here is a list of blades that do all kinds of cuts. Fiskars Rotary Trimmer Blades - Discount Art Supplies

Beyond that all you need is a corner rounder punch you do have to cut the corners.

#7 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

Ooooh... I have that already.. just not the different blades I need.. sweet! And I have a corner rounder punch too.. okay so I think I can just buy those blades separate at Michaels or something right?

#8 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
              • 204 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

Yes...you can buy the blades seperate at Michaels. Don't forget to look for a Michaels coupon for 40% off. :)

#9 adias.angel

adias.angel
                • 719 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jenleopard
                  Yes...you can buy the blades seperate at Michaels. Don't forget to look for a Michaels coupon for 40% off. :)
                  LOL I was just about to post this. Also if you have a Hobby Lobby in your area they do the 50% off scrapbooking items every few weeks.

#10 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

I wish I had a Hobby Lobby. Everyone seems to say good things about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users