Photo

Addressing STDs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aimee!

aimee!
  • 696 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

Hello all. I have a few questions about addressing my envelopes.

What is the best way to address a family on the mailing envelope- especially since I will not having an inner envelope for this mailing. Is it appropriate to print "John Smith and Family" or "John & Pocahontas Smith and Family" ?

Also, when using my own printer on a #10 envelope are there any regulations from the USPS I need to be aware of?

Thank you so much!
    Aimee
    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

i think i did mr. and mrs. john smith and family or mr. and mrs. john smith, and on the next line wrote child and child smith. i didn't really care if they were proper tho....i don't think there are any usps regulations for #10 envelopes.

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:26 PM

i did the same as lauren for addressing them. there are no special USPS regulations for #10 envelopes unless they have the string and wheel closure. if theres a flap and they just seal its fine. but with the string and wheel closure, its an additional 17 cents postage.

#4 jmill130

jmill130
      • 601 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

I adressed mine the same way as Maura & Lauren! Good luck to you! You'll feel really good when you get them out:)

#5 Pisces

Pisces
        • 255 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

I would say that if you're planning to use first names at all, use both. I would be really upset to receive something addressed to me as Mr. & Mrs. John Smith. It is 2008 afterall. Sorry, but just to give a perspective.

I have always addressed situations like those as "The Smith Family". If the spouses don't share a last name though (or are common-law) I would write both names, without Mr/Mrs. IE John Smith and Jane Jones & family (to save space)
          Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users