Photo

Never Get Married At Westin Grand Bahama Island Resort!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 winterbride01

winterbride01
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:05 PM

I would not recommend getting married at the Westin Grand Bahamas Island. The destination wedding staff is horrible, they never follow up with anything you request and they hardly ever response to e-mails and phone calls. They charge thousands of dollars for there wedding packages, which includes the services of a wedding coordinator and I had to hire my own wedding planner and fly her down to the Bahamas. We did a tasting before the wedding and the food was great, but during the wedding the food was horrible. The filet mignon tasted like it was rotten and the shrimp was over cooked. Almost all the requests we made during the final walkthrough (i.e. water available for guests that arrive early to the ceremony site) were ignored! There was VERY POOR communication between the vendors and the onsite wedding coordinators. We ordered chair covers and plum ribbons for the reception and they claimed we never order the ribbons. So, I had chair covers and no ribbons during my reception. Getting the flowers you want is a nightmare...Nassau has more options. The worst part is it has been 4 months since my wedding and I am still waiting for my wedding pictures! The hotel was nice, but it was dead during my wedding week-end. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly. The restaurants are overprices like most resorts.

#2 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
    • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

Sorry for your bad experience!

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

That sounds horrible! I'm so sorry you had a bad experience, that will be good information for future bahama brides.

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:10 PM

I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience, but thank you for sharing so that other brides looking at the resort will know.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
        • 631 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

OMG I am so sorry you had a horrible time

#6 leigh miller

leigh miller
          • 936 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

so sorry to hear about your experience. i shot a wedding there last year and everything seemed fine. i will have to ask my bride who she worked with.

and waiting on your pics that long. thats the worst!!!

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:10 PM

wow - I am so sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.

#8 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:35 PM

That sounds awful, sorry to hear things went so badly. Thanks for the warning.
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 BayBug

BayBug
                • 852 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:00 PM

I am really sorry that you are having an awful time. I really do hope you can work everything out and find a place that is more attentive.
                  Angie

#10 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:33 PM

OMG I am so sorry about your horrible experience. At least you married someone you love and that is what is most important. I know it's awful that you didn't get the things you asked for but I'm sure your guests had a wonderful time. And hopefully once you get your pictures they will be beautiful.

-Glenda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users