Hey! anyone have any more information about Dreams La Romana? I'm stongly considering it for my wedding. has the food improved? does the gazebo look like it does in the picture? Princess402 - i agree that it looks so beautiful. Thanks!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah310 View Post
Hey! anyone have any more information about Dreams La Romana? I'm stongly considering it for my wedding. has the food improved? does the gazebo look like it does in the picture? Princess402 - i agree that it looks so beautiful. Thanks!
I will be there in April for a site inspection, so i'll let you know what i find out!

i'm happy to hear that my homeland is so requested! my parents are originally from Dominican Republic and i have been there plenty of times.

as someone who visits the country very often....i have to be honest. i have never really liked Punta Cana - i absoluetely LOVE La Romana!! it is such a beautiful place. yes Punta Cana does have more options for AI resorts, but it is also very city like. as a city overall....it's a little boring. but i might just be saying that becasue i see alot of the same things in other parts of DR. La Romana has so many other things and u def get a feel for what the country is really like. i have stayed at resorts at both places and i remember enjoyin myself a lot more @ LA Romana (i don't really remember their names though). o and the beaches are a lot better then in Punta Cana. if u do stay @ La Romana u can probably take a trip 2 Samana. it's about a 40 min boat ride. it's another island apart of DR n it is abosuletly breath taking! the most beautiful part of the island i have 2 say!

i hope my opinions help...its sort of a local's opinion i guess. if u have any more ?'s feel free to ask.

good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah310 View Post
I never did get any more wedding info on Dreams La Romana... I tried for awhile but I think that maybe with the change from Sunscape to Dreams they didn't have a wedding coordinator in place. In any case I never got a hold of anyone. I still really love it (not to mention that how can you get a more romantic wedding location name than Dreams La Romana?!?) but my fiance and I decided that it would be too far to ask our guests to travel. There are no direct flights from Vancouver to La Romana, only to Punta Cana, and even that is a long flight. If we go to the DR, we will stay in Punta Cana I think. Sigh...

• 1 month later...

i havent been on the forum in a while so i really need to update my status. i was a dreams tulum bride to be until today! we decided to change resorts for the safety of all our guest. some our guest immune's system are very low. so we are happy with the discision change we made to have our wedding at dreams LaRomana. we will arrive may 21-30th our wedding is may 26th 2009. all our guest are excited and we will end up going to dreams tulum for 1st wedding anniversary, GOD willing! i will definatly keep you posted and take lots of pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalocany View Post
i havent been on the forum in a while so i really need to update my status. i was a dreams tulum bride to be until today! we decided to change resorts for the safety of all our guest. some our guest immune's system are very low. so we are happy with the discision change we made to have our wedding at dreams LaRomana. we will arrive may 21-30th our wedding is may 26th 2009. all our guest are excited and we will end up going to dreams tulum for 1st wedding anniversary, GOD willing! i will definatly keep you posted and take lots of pics!!!
Congratulations on your switch! I must say I am jealous!
Your wedding date is coming up really soon, let us know how it goes :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalocany View Post
congrats! just waiting for the confirmation number from the WC but i will be a dreams la romana bride as well, but not till May next year. cant wait for your review!