Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:18 AM
I wanted to ask about contracts. I am meeting Maye for the first time and I imagine that she is going to want to sign a contact and get a deposit. I have asked her three times by email how the process works but she always seems to forget to answer me.
Anyone that used Mayeâ€¦how did the deposit work? Is there anything that I should include in the contact?
Also, I will hopefully be signing my contract for my site. Anything I should have included in the contract or should b aware of?
Alsoâ€¦how does the deposit fort he site fee usually work?
Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:21 AM
Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:27 AM
| Originally Posted by NABUMBAH |
um, if you are just doing a site visit i would recommend just doing that. Then come home, process the info and make a decision. That way you can take some time to review everything, and read through all of your contracts without making any rash decisions.
But I think I will have to sign a contact with Maye when I see her....
or maybe not?
Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:30 AM
General advice, don't assume anything - ask everything! If you are promised something that isn't stipulated in the contract I would beware. If everything is legit they should be able to commit to writing anything they offer, or add it to the contract prior to your signing if you bring it up to them. Also make sure to ask if there are fees for going over your reception time. Some places will let your guests linger for free, some will charge you by the hour if you don't get everyone out of there in time.
Hopefully someone else here has specific experience with your location.
Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:39 AM
As for your sight visit - I agree you should sign nothing while you are there. However I would recommend asking the following questions:
1. How late can we have music?
2. Can you include a free stay at the hotel prior to the wedding so we can come back for a tasting?
3. What decorations do you have that are included in the set-up (often linens, chair bows, candles, etc. can be included)
4. Do you have on-site babysitters for guests who may want to attend the reception without them?
5. Can I bring in outside food (cake, drinks, etc.)?
6. What is your room block policy (if you're doing one)? What is the site fee if we have our event here but do not reserve a room block?
7. What are all the set-up fees (if there are any)? What is included?
Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:13 PM
Regarding Maye, she really doesn't do a formal contract. She basically gives you a spreadsheet that details everything she is doing for you & prices it out. Once you decide to go with her, you will deposit 50% of her coordination fee.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users