Finally Booked our St. Thomas Photographer!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IslandLover

• 96 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

Well gals,

It is now official

...Jean Marcus Strole will be my photographer for May 9th 2009...so dont even think about booking him that weekend...he is MINE!!..hehe

After VERY MUCH research, looking at tons of photographers, not only here the on the forum, but also local photographers in St. Thomas,
    ....he is the best fit for us

Im so freekin excited!!!

Fist off, Im a HUGE photograpy person...I really think that this is one of the most important parts of the wedding...Pics last forever..sure you have a video..but who ever watches those., umm not even your family sadly but maybe once..pics you place all over the house and in your families houses...so this was a huge deal to me

I have 4 Bellet's and I just bought my first Rembrant!! ... umm...photograpy is art...and I love it!

Second, nothing is better than photojournalism...I have a photography background...WAAAYYY back in HS, but still love and respect the art, so I may not know where my reception is at yet, but I have my awesome photographer...and that is a HUGE weight off my shoulders.

Ill be honest, since Ive been on here, looking at all the websites, I was drawn to Jean Marcus over and over, but never emailed him until I realized that I really wanted him as my photographer...I had to get over the idea that I would have to fly someone out...but honestly it really saved me money in the long run, if you compair prices and packages, with like 2 hours of photos verses 3 days full of pics...seriously it is the way to go..

......finally, I just said to my FI, listen this is who I want, I photog is to me, and he told me to book it, but when he finally looked at all the photogs I considered, he also felt like we had to have him.

AHHHH...so it is official, and Im so excited!!

Rock on...

#2 ashleycharee

• 19 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:14 AM

Wow! I'm only six months away and I still haven't settled on a photographer. Congrats! He looks like a great choice!

#3 Kristie O

Kristie O
      • Banned
      • 369 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:14 AM

awesome! i cant wait to see your pics on his new blog:)

#4 PenMarie

• 133 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

I love his work!..Congratulations on booking him for your big day!

#5 Misha Earle

Misha Earle
          • 56 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kristie Ottinger
            awesome! i cant wait to see your pics on his new blog:)
            Great work Kristie!!!!
            ..........and its great you got the photographer you wanted Island Girl!
            Misha Earle Photography
            Jamaican based but will travel!

#6 Yvette

• 510 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

yay! it always feels so good to get something checked off the list.

#7 sherri

• 73 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

How exciting! Now that you have that part done, you can figure out the rest! Good Luck and congrats!

Stone Cottage and Rockworks VillasSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users