Advice from Diabetics???

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

I am a Type 2 diabetic and manage my blood sugars with eating properly and getting exercise. I could do more of the eating properly though :P I have been on Metformin in the past but right now I am not on anything and havent been for about three years. The key for me is to eat low-carb, and the carbs that I eat have to be healthy ones. I rarely eat pasta or potatoes and only sprouted grain bread. I do strongly advise seeing a nutritionist though, they have a wealth of information that they will be happy to share! Good luck and dont be too scared - it is easy to manage as long as you (your FH) puts some effort into it!

#12 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

Thank you ladies! I have calmed down a bit. He even surprise me today and bought a notebook so he can write down the foods he's eating along with the glucose measurements twice daily.

We went with the Contour blood glucose meter. It seemed easiest to use because there was no coding involved.

#13 jajajaja

• VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

See- that's a good step. He just has to learn how to eat and how it affects his blood levels. It's pretty easy to regulate after that. :)
        Happily married since 2008

#14 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

Well it's been a few weeks and he seems to be choosing his meals wiser. He seems to be on board with the diet changes, now to get the exercise part in there and we'll be golden.

Thank you ladies for calming me down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users