• VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Wedding guests can dine in a castle-like cellar lined with oak barrels and filled with the pungent aromas of aging wines. Through stone archways are four caves where bottled wines are aged behind heavy wrought iron gates. Hand-hewn stone walls, heavy ceiling timbers and wine barrels create an old world atmosphere suitable for either elaborate formal dinners or casual buffets.

In front of the winery there is a stone patio with a beautiful stone fountain and steps leading down to a private courtyard suitable for ceremonies or receptions. Services can also be performed under the ivy-covered tower overlooking a lush lawn bordered by colorful flowerbeds. There are many picturesque areas for photo opportunities.

CEREMONY CAPACITY: The lawn in front of the tower holds 200 seated or 250 standing, the cellar holds 225 seated or 250 standing, and the lower cellar patio 120 seated or 200 standing.

EVENT/RECEPTION CAPACITY:The Barrel Cellar holds 225 seated guests, the tri-level stone courtyard holds 150 seated and the outdoor lawn and grounds can accommodate guests as well.

Contact our Hospitality department at 707-286-7273 or e-mail hospitality@vsattui.com

Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

Very Nice Christine!! I love this place!

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:22 PM

Oooh of course I want to go here, b/c I always want to go everywhere.

-Glenda

#4 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:56 AM

oh, they have fab picnic lunches!

#5 Hummingbird

Hummingbird
        • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:29 AM

I agree, that's a great winery! Like someone else said, it's a great place for picnics, too. We also found another winery near there called Peju. It's absolutely gorgeous, has a castle-like main hall for wine tastings, complete with "moat" (koi pond) and bridge, lush greenery and trees....and, they don't do weddings! Bummer. They do have a great sauv blanc, though!
          ~A & C

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

V Sattuie is really great if you are part of their wine club & can go down into the cellar & do tastings. Otherwise it is a complete madhouse w/tourists in my experience. We did a 3 day wine weekend package at the Silverado last May & it included a VIP tasting at V.Sattuie - seriously the only way to go....here's a pic of me in their cellar:

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 ed pingol

ed pingol
            • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:50 AM

their moscato is incredibly yummy!!! and they are one of the very few napa wineries that are really give you plenty of samples for your money's worth. something like 6 generous tastes for $5.

#8 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:53 AM

This vineyard is so fun. One of the Sattui brothers open another winery down the road called Castella Amorsa. It is an actual Italian castle. He brought every brick from Italy. Anyhow, the wine is excellent. We actually joined the club. Check it out when your in town.

Castello di Amorosa Winery - A Castle In Beautiful Napa Valley - Castle Wine Tour and Tastings of Cabernets, Red Wine and White Wine in Napa, CA

#9 Leia78

Leia78
                • VIP Member
                • 2,459 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:27 AM

They have outlets in Napa that I sometimes go to and I always hit up V. Sattui for some wine tasting (it used to be free!). They also have a specialty food store where you can buy cheese, bread and a bottle of wine...which I would do...then go outside where they have a picnic area. What a great way to spend a Sat. afternoon.

#10 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

when did V. Sattui start charging? My grandmother goes at least once a month to pick up her favorite wine.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users