Photo

reception on a holiday weekend?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bridetobe959

bridetobe959
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:56 AM

So my plan for my wedding is to get married in Cabo San Lucas on May 16, 2009, just close family and a few friends attending, then to have a reception back in Los Angeles for everyone. I want to have the reception on Saturday May 23 after we get back from Cabo but I just noticed that this falls on memorial day weekend. Would it be bad form to have a reception on a holiday weekend and would this possibly effect the attendance? There are no reservations made yet so dates can be easily changed.

#2 Birdie07

Birdie07
    • 1,218 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:58 AM

I got married December 18 and got home and my reception on the 23rd. Everyone was fine with it. Though everyone wanted us to do christmas theme. UGH! We had no problem with attendance. Though everyone was headed that way for Christmas anyways. But I guess it depends. If you give enough notice people will plan for your reception and not make other plans.

#3 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

I doubt it will affect attendance. If you want it then, go for it.

#4 Yvette

Yvette
        • 510 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

i think it's fine, i know someone who had their reception on the sunday before memorial day this year. plus it's a lot cheaper than a saturday night reception! i say go for it!

#5 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

Hi there.
            We are having our wedding on 4th of July weekend (5 July, a Saturday) and most people have commended us, saying it's great cause they all have that Friday off anyway from work. :)

#6 bridetobe959

bridetobe959
            • 63 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:11 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments they helped a ton!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users