what day is best?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ryka

• 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

My fiancee and I are arguing over what day is best to get married in our tropical destination. We are getting married in Costa Rica so, already we can't get married until the third day. He wants to get married at the very end, and I say day four. Any tips?

#2 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
    • 151 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

We are getting married as soon as our "wait" period is over, which is 2 full business days. We decided to do it this way because we felt we could truly relax after the ceremony is over. Another thing to consider is if your guests are staying a different number of days than you are, which days they will be there.

#3 Davematthews16

• Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:04 PM

We're getting married on a Wednesday. The WC thought it was sort of an odd day to chose but we thought it was the most ideal for the people we know. Everyone LOVED that it was right in the middle of the week; That way they can either come a few days before or stay a few days longer!!

#4 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:12 PM

Will you be going on a honeymoon after or have to go straight back to work?

#5 ryka

• 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

We are doing a honeymoon after. Possible in Belize

#6 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

I'm arriving before my FI. He's coming on Thursday and we're getting married on Saturday. I wanted one more day in there, but you can't get married in St. Lucia on Sundays.

#7 przyby10

• 59 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

We also will be getting married after our wait period is over (2days). This way it allows us to relax with our family and friends afterwards, instead of rushing right home. This period will allow us to unwind a bit.

#8 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

We're doing the legal ceremony here. And getting married on day 3 there. And then we have a week more to party/vacation. (We awnt as MUCH R & R after the madness that is this wedding!)

I say go for Day 3!
                  Cause day 1 is a travel day, Day 2, is for planning/prepping, and Day 3, you are ready to go!

#9 monicabrandon2008

• 794 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

We are getting married on day 3. Just like she said above day 1 is traveling, day 2 is planning/prepping and day 3 you should be ready to say I do. Then you have the rest of the time to rest, relax and visit with your guests.
                    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!

#10 ryka

• 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

Wow. Thanks for all the responses! That helps alot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users