Gifts for engagement party?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

OK so I have no clue on this one because Ive never gone to one before, but do you bring a gift to an engagement party?? HELP! We were invited to one next month and I dont know if I should bring something or not!!

#2 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
    • 1,881 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

I don't think you are expected to bring anything to an engagement party, but lots of people bring something small - maybe a bottle of champagne. You might inquire if the couple is registered anywhere and get them something small from their registry if you really want to bring a gift.
      http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
      February 14, 2009

#3 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

i've been invited to 2, but didn't go, so i sent stuff from their registries.

#4 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

i've been invited to 2, but didn't go, so i sent stuff from their registries.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nikkianddean
            I don't think you are expected to bring anything to an engagement party, but lots of people bring something small - maybe a bottle of champagne. You might inquire if the couple is registered anywhere and get them something small from their registry if you really want to bring a gift.
            We just had ours and didn't expect anything. Most people did show up with a small gift though. We got lots of wine & candles, which was great considering we are not registered anywhere! We also got some cool Z-Stem Martini Glasses which I love:
            Click the image to open in full size.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 jmill130

jmill130
            • 601 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

I have taken a bottle of champagne or bought something small if they are registered. I have also bought bride guide books or bride magazines. Hope this helps:)

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

I always bring a gift to any type of 'celebration' party - I personally think it is rude to go empty handed.

our families had an engagement party for us in December and there were approx 40 people - every single one brough a gift (we didn't expect them) - most were from our registries, a lot of cool restaurant gift cards too.

i would say to bring a gift or a bottle of champagne if they are drinkers -it doesn't have to be expensive but a little something!

#8 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

I personally would not bring a gift becuase I think it gets to be a bit much when you buy a couple an engagement gift, shower gift and wedding gift.

#9 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

I think you are expected to give a gift at an engagement party. That's why I specifically told everyone I don't want one. The gift giving for weddings is getting out of control. What can you do though. I agree with the others...just get something small from the registry or a bottle of wine.

#10 Copita

Copita
                    • 979 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

You aren't required to bring anything to an e party but here are some things that I got: a bottle of wine, a wedding planning book, a picture frame, gift cards to target and bed bath and beyond, plates, cups, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users