Photo

Anyone want to share their Wedding Dvd?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

I have heard great things about the wedding dvd that you can buy from the Riu, but I am wondering if it is something that I can do myself at home on the computer (put our pics to our own music).

I wonder if its possible for someone to upload their dvd (I dont even know if its possible in the first place!!!) so that others can see it and that will give people a better idea on what to expect and whether or not to budget for it..

Does anyone know if you can upload it to the computer?!? And if its possible is anyone willing to show theirs?

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

If you have your pictures as files (on a cd or dvd) you can make this yourself using photostory or moviemaker.

#3 PinionGirl

PinionGirl
      • Banned
      • 59 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

There are so many slideshow softwares out there that you could put your photos in & time them to the beat of the music - add in text, or what ever you want to. We love making slideshows with our family photos, vacation, etc.

#4 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
        • 302 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:11 PM

Ya, I have made some in the past before. I just didnt know if the wedding dvd was different- like anything extra special in there that would make me want to consider paying them to do it over myself making one later on...
          ill save the money and create my own then! :)

#5 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

The wedding DVD is a video, so it's not photos timed to music, it's an actual recording of your ceremony with audio of the ceremony, etc. We got one and really love it, we showed it at our AHR which gave everyone the opportunity to see what it was like and feel like they were a part of it!
            I dont know how to upload it, but I did read somewhere on here that some of the ROR wedding DVDs are on Youtube , so maybe try searching there?
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#6 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Here's one from YouTube! Mine has different editing but this gives you an idea of what to expect. This one also cuts short but the same poster also posted "Part 2" on Youtube.

YouTube - Our Jamaica Wedding
              ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#7 przyby10

przyby10
              • 59 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

Thank you, I was also wondering about how the video would turn out.

#8 przyby10

przyby10
                • 59 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

jmhein,

Did you have a microphone or no? If so, did the ROR provide one for you?

Thanks,
                  HP

#9 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                  • 302 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

Thank you for letting us know about youtube...never thought to look there!!!!

#10 jmhein

jmhein
                    • 665 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by przyby10
                      jmhein,

Did you have a microphone or no? If so, did the ROR provide one for you?

Thanks,
                      HP
                      The minister and my groom both wore mic's clipped onto their shirts, so the audio was great for the DVD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users