Dreams PV renovations in 2009?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brittbrowne

• 58 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

I'm wondering if anyone has heard about renovations planned for Dreams Puerto Vallarta in 2009? I just read a review recently posted on trip advisor which states that renovations will begin next year. Any truth to the matter? I have contacted the wedding planner to get a definite answer, but I thought maybe one of you might already know?...

Aaron & Brittany
    ~ Engaged November 2007 ~

#2 Jenn6603

• 118 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

I would be interested in knowing this too!

We are hoping to get married there in February 2009.

#3 brittbrowne

• 58 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:04 AM

Quick update on this: my FI called the main reservations number and they have no information on scheduled renovations at this time. The wedding coordinator Gaby said the same thing, and that she would let us know if any renovations would affect us if she finds out about them. So, this might be an unfounded rumor, or it might be true - no real confirmation here.
        Aaron & Brittany
        ~ Engaged November 2007 ~

#4 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

I went and visited Gabi, the coordinator at Dreams, personally today about another matter and asked her about this. She told me that they are planning on updating some of the rooms and some parts of the facilities, but they still don't know when or what or how. So, right now, there's just talk about doing some updating but no real date set. And, whatever they plan on doing, I'm pretty sure they will do their utmost not to disrupt what happens with the hotel too much - these sorts of things take a long time to plan and a long time to implement, so I wouldn't worry about it for next year. Gabi didn't say this, but I would be really surprised if they tried to do anything during the "high" season here which runs Oct-May and it would be much more common for them to attempt something during the "low" season (June-September). :smile

#5 1elephant

• VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:29 PM

my assumption would be something about the old tower...it's in need of some renovations.

#6 kisa

• Banned
            • 75 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

I hope they do it in low season. We have over 100 guests staying there and coming in from South Africa and Australia. It would be a shame if their experience was ruined by a jack hammer in the next room.

#7 K&Rwedding

• Banned
              • 494 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

Kisa I hear ya. My wedding ceremony is there in May but reception is off site. bring the construction my crew will have a great time no matter what.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users