Photo

Tickets to Maui

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 MelanieS

MelanieS
  • 820 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

I'll be sure and post any special airline deals I find here. Where in Missouri do you live? We are in Springfield.

#12 aramintha

aramintha
    • 53 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

Thanks! I am in Florissant, MO. I couldnt find anything cheaper than $900 unless I wanted to spend 16 hours flying and making 2 stops for $677 which means that I will probably have to leave a daily earlier.

#13 Pisces

Pisces
      • 255 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

I'm jealous! Our flights were $1200 each and that was a deal in January!
        Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#14 aramintha

aramintha
        • 53 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

I forgot to share the news that I got my tickets $1600 (2 people) about a month ago. You would not believe that 3 weeks after I purchases them the price went down to $1300. errrrrrrrrrr oh well......

#15 *Lo*

*Lo*
          • 2,993 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Airfares just seem to go up. I researched flights to Hawaii to determine what the overall cost is going to be for the DW...and in order to avoid TWO DAYS of travel with multiple stops, the best I saw leaving and getting to Hawaii same day was $1,250 per person from Toronto. And that doesn't include tax and taxes are ridiculous here on airfare. So that's another $200 almost on top of that per person. It is like $3,000 just to get there for 2 people. So frustrating!

Sometimes we drive to Buffalo as flights are cheaper there. But not by that much in this case.

I have seen some deals though if you fly out of Phoenix or Las Vegas...so possibly using points for a flight to one of those cities and then booking a flight to HI from there might save some money?

You can also try booking flights leaving on an off day when routes aren't as busy. I think if you leave on weekends it can cost more than during the week.

#16 SAM

SAM
            • 542 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

Tickets are horrible... about $930 each in April.
              I have noticed that it goes down on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Check out Kayak as they check all sites. Good Luck to all

#17 litl_april

litl_april
              • 351 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:41 AM

I found a website that tracks flight prices called Yapta!
                So far, quite a few have dropped in price while one went up drastically!

#18 Jen5372

Jen5372
                • 228 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

Someties it is cheaper to take a day and say fly to vegas....spend the night and then book a direct flight from vegas to HI.

Remember-IF you book any airline ticket with an airline....on their site ( not on priceline) and the fare goes down-CALL immediately-they give you a full CREDIT of how much it went down!

I watched our wedding airfare for days-it stayed at 749 for 2 people for days so I booked it. No chit-the next day it went down to 639 for 2 people-I was so annoyed. I called, got the credit and then used the credit to book the "bigger" seats! At least its something. Airline credits are good for one year. GL!

#19 Tracy

Tracy
                  • 281 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

October is "higher season" in Maui than September is.....it's possible that the tickets may not go on sale for October, like they did in September. Later in October (closer to Halloween) is even busier, as they do a huge Halloween thing in Lahaina each year and thousands and thousands fly in for that.

#20 Chiquita

Chiquita
                    • 2,674 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

Ticket prices have dropped to Maui from Vancouver or Seattle now.. we have a few more people booking now cause it's a bit more affordable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users