Photo

Tickets to Maui

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 aramintha

aramintha
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

We are renewing our vows in Maui and we are leaving from St. Louis in October and my husband and I have been waiting for the ticket prices to go down.....THEY ARE SOOOOO EXPENSIVE. Any suggestions?

#2 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

keep stalking the sites like priceline & such (you can try their "name your own price" feature). Probably not going to go down before the wedding though.

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Buy now! Prices are not going to go down. My aunt and uncle have been "waiting" to buy there tickets to PV and ended up paying $1000 for the both of them. If they would have bought when I suggested it would have saved them at least $400.

#4 aramintha

aramintha
        • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

BUMMER......I'm hoping someone lets me use there miles.

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

I am getting married in Hawaii in Sept 08 - we bought our tickets last year around December and paid about $620 PP. they have been steadily going up. as of last week we had some guests book for $640 PP BUT this week they are over $735 PP - i still have a couple people that need to book

it sucks and honestly i just think it is going to keep going up!

#6 Autumn

Autumn
            • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

not sure if it will help, but you should check out kayak.com for price comparisons
              good luck!

#7 MelanieS

MelanieS
              • 820 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by aramintha
                BUMMER......I'm hoping someone lets me use there miles.
                I checked into using air miles for a trip to Kauai in September and there was nothing available at all. Our daughter just booked flights from St. Louis to Kauai on US Air for $740 - that's about the best I've seen. Northwest had specials to Maui, but they end September 1. I wouldn't wait very long before booking something.

#8 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by timelsel
                  I checked into using air miles for a trip to Kauai in September and there was nothing available at all. Our daughter just booked flights from St. Louis to Kauai on US Air for $740 - that's about the best I've seen. Northwest had specials to Maui, but they end September 1. I wouldn't wait very long before booking something.
                  Where did you see the NWA specials until 9/1? i have a couple guests traveling round those dates who have not booked yet!

#9 MelanieS

MelanieS
                  • 820 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

It was on the Northwest weekly email update I receive. Of course I've deleted it, but I checked on their website and leaving Philadelphia on Aug 27 and returning Sept 6 the roundtrip price is $908. It's $737 if they return on the 5th. This includes taxes.

#10 aramintha

aramintha
                    • 53 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:11 PM

I'm leaving from St. Louis as well. I got an email from travelocity saying the tickets were $657 but that was flights through September. I am hoping to get another email here shortly for flights in October.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users