Photo

My Sister

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 KHarrod

KHarrod
  • 902 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

Is it wrong that I didnt ask my sister to be in my bridal party at all?

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

Can i ask why you didnt' ask her?
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 KHarrod

KHarrod
      • 902 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

We have been speaking on and off for this year and she really made me mad around two months ago with her selfish acts. I started speaking to her last week because I went to my neice's graduation.

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

I cannot understand why you might not want your sister in your bridal party, especially if she's been pissing you off lately. But if you don't have her in your bridal party, you may end up putting an even bigger strain on your relationship. I think if you want your relationship with your sis to get stronger than you should put her in your bridal party. You don't have to make her moh, just a bm. that's just my opion.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 KLC77

KLC77
          • 2,207 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

I can understand it. I'm not having my sister in the BP. We're not very close and the trip itself is probably going to strain her budget. Being in the BP would just add more expenses.(that's my logical excuse) Really, we are just not that close and I would rather have my friends because they will mean more to me on the day... I guess if we HAD been close and we were just fighting now I might feel differently.
            ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#6 KHarrod

KHarrod
            • 902 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

I was thinking about asking her to be a bridesmaid but I think that she might get upset.

#7 Dez921714

Dez921714
              • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

Has your sister mentioned not being in your bridal party?

I think it depends on your relationship and how you both feel about it.

I can undersand you not asking her, but I also can't imagine not having my sister in mine. Maybe wait a few months and see if things go well with her and then ask her then. The last thing you want to do is ask her and then have a falling out and then be stressed. You have some time, if she asks who's in your wedding, you could just say you haven't decided yet...just my idea.
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#8 lucy106

lucy106
                • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

How is the communication between you two? Could you talk to her about all this? Tell her you would like to mend the relationship
                  (if in fact you do) and would love it if she would stand up in your wedding.

#9 KHarrod

KHarrod
                  • 902 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

We havent spoken since we left the graduation, she hasnt even mentioned anything about the wedding to me. I dont even know if she's coming or not.

#10 Copita

Copita
                    • 979 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

Kharrod,

I bet she would be happy if you asked her to be a bridesmaid.
                      My sis and I aren't the closest but I asked her to be my MOH, being that she's my sister and I will say that through the wedding planning, it has brought us closer.
                      Your wedding is still a long ways away so I think it would be very cool if you asked her to be a BM :)
                      Just my opinion, though :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users