Sign in to follow this  
KGOESER

Finally Booked!

Woohoo! We finally booked our trip and got our confirmation for ROR on Feb 20, 2009. I'm SUPER excited and its starting to feel a more real. Thank you all so far for all of the info you have provided here...it really helped a lot in our decision making process.

On a side note, I've seen lots of posts re: the outside vendor policy at the resort (mostly photographers)...has anything ever come of this?

My TA said that the WC typically isn't in touch with you until about 2 months prior to the wedding...is there anything that I should be doing in the meantime until I hear from themhuh.gif?

Congrats on booking your date! I remember how excited I was to do that.

Lets see....in terms of the photographer, some of us had problems, some didn't. If you chose to bring your own photographer, just keep in mind that they may or may not be approached by the on-site photographer. Hopefully, you'll be fine in that area unless they drastically change their policy on this.

Your TA is correct, Chandlyn typically won't contact you until 2 months before your wedding. However, you can email her anytime you want, with any questions that you have. She is typically extremely busy & it may take her a few days (or weeks) to respond, but she will eventually. Being that your wedding isn't until next year, she may be slower to respond.

In the meantime, you can start to think about what you really want in terms of your ceremony & reception. Do you know what location you'd like to have the ceremony & reception? If you do, I suggest emailing Chandlyn with your request so that it is reserved. The restaurants tend to get booked early, especially if there are other weddings on the same day as yours.

Do you know what flowers you'd like, other decorations?

Have you started looking at STD's & invitations? There is so much that you could do now...so get to it!! LOL

Hope I've helped you out a bit!

HAHA! You aren't supposed to tell me that the stressful part starts now! I thought that choosing a place was tough.

We've got letters going out tomorrow that our TA helped us put together including rates/other info. I'm not really doing save the dates, but will send out a boarding pass invitation as we get closer with detail about the wedding/any other activities. I'm a little ahead of the game....they are all laid out on a template and just need to have the actual text filled in!

Thinking about "natural touch" flowers as my FAVORITE has always been tulips...logic tells me that tulips probably aren't huge in jamaica! Has anyone seen the tulips from angelaccents?

In terms of reception sites etc, I want to try to keep the $$ reasonable...not a huge fan of what I've read about the $50/person options (we'll have probably 50 or so). Has anyone got more detailed information about the different options?

Fun fun....so many things to think about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGOESER View Post
HAHA! You aren't supposed to tell me that the stressful part starts now! I thought that choosing a place was tough.

We've got letters going out tomorrow that our TA helped us put together including rates/other info. I'm not really doing save the dates, but will send out a boarding pass invitation as we get closer with detail about the wedding/any other activities. I'm a little ahead of the game....they are all laid out on a template and just need to have the actual text filled in!

Thinking about "natural touch" flowers as my FAVORITE has always been tulips...logic tells me that tulips probably aren't huge in jamaica! Has anyone seen the tulips from angelaccents?

In terms of reception sites etc, I want to try to keep the $$ reasonable...not a huge fan of what I've read about the $50/person options (we'll have probably 50 or so). Has anyone got more detailed information about the different options?

Fun fun....so many things to think about
Congrats on the booking!! You must be soo happy!make a note to guest to maybe book ASAP incase there is a space issue with the hotel. We ran into this and we are booking for Jan.