Photo

Going Whitewater Rafting!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alex

alex
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

I'm off to the Ottawa Valley to go whitewater rafting with Wilderness Tours (for anyone familiar with the area) tomorrow with my Dad & my cousin!! My sister (T&N) booked it for us as our birthday gifts this year. Thanks Tamara!!!

My Dad has always wanted to go & although I have been rafting once before in Alberta, but I'm really excited to share this with him!! I'm going to get a waterproof disposable camera so I'll try to take some pics if they let me!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

Oh have fun!!!! I did that once in Vail, CO it was AWESOME!!! I am jealous! Have a great weekend and bring back pics!

#3 alex

alex
      • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

I'm even more excited to share this with my Dad.... he just showed me a little book with things written down that he wanted to do (rafting, hike a mountain, etc.) that he wrote almost 25 years ago & he actually has the exact place we're going written down as the place he wanted to raft!!! So he's been wanting to go here for 25 years!!!!!
        Damn, cousins here... time to go!!! Bye again!!

#4 T&N

T&N
        • 141 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

I hope you have a great time!!! xoxo

#5 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
          • 204 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

You are going to have "so" much fun!! Enjoy yourself!

#6 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

That is so sweet. Have a great time. I went whitewater rafting once and it was a blast. Enjoy!

#7 alex

alex
              • 1,139 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

So I went rafting on Saturday & it was INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!!
                Thanks soooooo much Tamara (T&N... aka my big sister!) for the great birthday gift!!
                We did the 1-day high adventure with Wilderness Tours in Beachburg, ON.. rafting on the Ottawa River with rapids, a bbq lunch & a little "cliff jump" into the water at one point! It was so much fun.. we're actually planning a small family trip for later on this summer so we can do it all again!! The facilities were awesome Click the image to open in full size.

The rest are a series of us shooting the Bus Eater!!
                Click the image to open in full size.

We also had a waterproof camera which my cousin strapped to his lifejacket so I can't wait to see those candid shots! (I knowhe definately has a shot of me flexing like a muscle man on top of some rocks surrounded by rapids! lol)

I would highly recommend whitewater rafting to anyone who has the oppotunity!!!! If you get the chance... DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users