Gift Ideas For SIL

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica

Jessica
  • VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

Trying to figure out a birthday gift to get my sister-in-law stresses me out. I've been with Brian for... umm, 6 years maybe?? I really don't keep track of that stuff, but what I know about his sister could fit in a thimble. She has some developmental and psychological issues that impact her socializing abilities. I always ask Brian, what should I get her, but he's of NO help to me. I usually like to give very personal and thoughtful gifts, but in this situation, it's hard.

She's in her late 20's but sort of has the mindset of someone much younger. The only music I know she listens to is along the lines of pop music. I know she's into all that American Idol stuff and watches a lot of tv. Apart from gift cards, what could I possibly get her?!?

#2 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

Maybe a cute outfit? Or tickets to a concert if someone is playing loacally, you might be able to find out if she likes them?

Sorry, I'm not much help here.
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

Tickets to the American Idol tour this summer! I'm sure they will be in a city near her!

Pop-Tarts Presents American Idols Live tickets, concerts and tour dates. Official Ticketmaster site.

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

how about some cute jewelry from etsy? i find lots of great gifts on there

#5 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by starchild
          Tickets to the American Idol tour this summer! I'm sure they will be in a city near her!

Pop-Tarts Presents American Idols Live tickets, concerts and tour dates. Official Ticketmaster site.
          Hmm, that's not a bad idea Jamy! She'd probably LOVE that.

#6 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

I was going to say the AI tour would be really fun for someone who's really into the show.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

AI concert sounds great.

Or if not, maybe a gc for a pedi/mani. I can't see many girls not liking that idea. I don't do them regularly, but I do LOVE to occasionally. WEll at least the pedi part because I have no nails for a mani.
            Happily married since 2008

#8 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

I'd take the easy way out and get him to do it lol i used to buy all the pressies for his lot then one day thought nahh so he sorts his family out - he knows them better is my excuse lol

Saying that you can't go wrong with a DVD and/or a disney cuddly - suitable for any age

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users