Jump to content

Photo

Looking for multi-colored glasses


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Mandy

Mandy
  • Member
  • 514 posts

    Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

    I vote for going shopping in Mexico while you're there, too. Go wild! Get tacky! You can always use the excuse that you bought them on your honeymoon!

    #12 rodent

    rodent

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

      Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mandy
      I vote for going shopping in Mexico while you're there, too. Go wild! Get tacky! You can always use the excuse that you bought them on your honeymoon!
      ha ha! i was drunk when i bought these :)

      if we buy them from a street vendor will we know they are safe? lead free, etc?

      #13 Mandy

      Mandy
      • Member
      • 514 posts

        Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        ha ha! i was drunk when i bought these :)

        if we buy them from a street vendor will we know they are safe? lead free, etc?
        If you buy the from a street vendor for 20 pesos apiece, and later you find out that they're not, no biggie. Another silly honeymoon purchase!

        #14 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mandy
          If you buy the from a street vendor for 20 pesos apiece, and later you find out that they're not, no biggie. Another silly honeymoon purchase!
          how would you find out?

          I also want to get a big, tacky turquiose necklace. Woo Hoo drunk mexico shopping. Last time I was in cancun there was a mall across from our hotel. I'd walk over there occasionally with a full beer & buy junk.

          #15 Mandy

          Mandy
          • Member
          • 514 posts

            Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            how would you find out?

            I also want to get a big, tacky turquiose necklace. Woo Hoo drunk mexico shopping. Last time I was in cancun there was a mall across from our hotel. I'd walk over there occasionally with a full beer & buy junk.
            Well, you could use them every time you want to drink something for about a year, then go have your lead levels tested. That should work.

            Make sure you bring an extra suitcase with you and enough money to cover the 2nd checked bag surcharges.

            #16 Mandy

            Mandy
            • Member
            • 514 posts

              Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:58 PM

              Or you could buy plastic. They don't usually put lead in plastic. Oooh, or you could borrow some from the resort. Those should be safe.

              #17 rodent

              rodent

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

                Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mandy
                Well, you could use them every time you want to drink something for about a year, then go have your lead levels tested. That should work.

                Make sure you bring an extra suitcase with you and enough money to cover the 2nd checked bag surcharges.
                We are flying US air & bought our tickets before the 1 bag thing. it's not retroactive with them so we get 2 bags each. Well, I get 3 mike gets 1. There will be an empty bag after we give out our OOT bags & palm fans. I can fill it with glasses & necklaces.

                #18 Mandy

                Mandy
                • Member
                • 514 posts

                  Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  We are flying US air & bought our tickets before the 1 bag thing. it's not retroactive with them so we get 2 bags each. Well, I get 3 mike gets 1. There will be an empty bag after we give out our OOT bags & palm fans. I can fill it with glasses & necklaces.
                  You might think about buying some tacky t-shirts to wrap everything in so they don't break. Better safe than sorry!

                  #19 rodent

                  rodent

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

                    Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:40 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mandy
                    You might think about buying some tacky t-shirts to wrap everything in so they don't break. Better safe than sorry!
                    Definitly! I need to get a few kids XS for nibblets. Those probably won't wrap much up. I'll buy myself a few tshirts too.

                    #20 jajajaja

                    jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

                      Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

                      Morgan- I wrapped all my stuff up in my clothes too. I split it up between the suitcases so one suitcases wasn't just all the crap I bought. I prevented it from banging against each other.
                      Happily married since 2008




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users