Photo

Looking for multi-colored glasses

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Mandy

Mandy
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

I vote for going shopping in Mexico while you're there, too. Go wild! Get tacky! You can always use the excuse that you bought them on your honeymoon!

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mandy
      I vote for going shopping in Mexico while you're there, too. Go wild! Get tacky! You can always use the excuse that you bought them on your honeymoon!
      ha ha! i was drunk when i bought these :)

if we buy them from a street vendor will we know they are safe? lead free, etc?

#13 Mandy

Mandy
      • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        ha ha! i was drunk when i bought these :)

if we buy them from a street vendor will we know they are safe? lead free, etc?
        If you buy the from a street vendor for 20 pesos apiece, and later you find out that they're not, no biggie. Another silly honeymoon purchase!

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

Quote:
          If you buy the from a street vendor for 20 pesos apiece, and later you find out that they're not, no biggie. Another silly honeymoon purchase!
          how would you find out?

I also want to get a big, tacky turquiose necklace. Woo Hoo drunk mexico shopping. Last time I was in cancun there was a mall across from our hotel. I'd walk over there occasionally with a full beer & buy junk.

#15 Mandy

Mandy
          • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

Quote:
            how would you find out?

I also want to get a big, tacky turquiose necklace. Woo Hoo drunk mexico shopping. Last time I was in cancun there was a mall across from our hotel. I'd walk over there occasionally with a full beer & buy junk.
            Well, you could use them every time you want to drink something for about a year, then go have your lead levels tested. That should work.

Make sure you bring an extra suitcase with you and enough money to cover the 2nd checked bag surcharges.

#16 Mandy

Mandy
            • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:58 PM

Or you could buy plastic. They don't usually put lead in plastic. Oooh, or you could borrow some from the resort. Those should be safe.

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

Quote:
                Well, you could use them every time you want to drink something for about a year, then go have your lead levels tested. That should work.

Make sure you bring an extra suitcase with you and enough money to cover the 2nd checked bag surcharges.
                We are flying US air & bought our tickets before the 1 bag thing. it's not retroactive with them so we get 2 bags each. Well, I get 3 mike gets 1. There will be an empty bag after we give out our OOT bags & palm fans. I can fill it with glasses & necklaces.

#18 Mandy

Mandy
                • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

Quote:
                  We are flying US air & bought our tickets before the 1 bag thing. it's not retroactive with them so we get 2 bags each. Well, I get 3 mike gets 1. There will be an empty bag after we give out our OOT bags & palm fans. I can fill it with glasses & necklaces.
                  You might think about buying some tacky t-shirts to wrap everything in so they don't break. Better safe than sorry!

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
                    You might think about buying some tacky t-shirts to wrap everything in so they don't break. Better safe than sorry!
                    Definitly! I need to get a few kids XS for nibblets. Those probably won't wrap much up. I'll buy myself a few tshirts too.

#20 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

Morgan- I wrapped all my stuff up in my clothes too. I split it up between the suitcases so one suitcases wasn't just all the crap I bought. I prevented it from banging against each other.
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users