Photo

total wedding cost?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 ellynina14

ellynina14
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:57 AM

Wow.. does anyone here have an average $$ for Gran Bahia Principe.

Mine is about 4500.00 but that includes a private reception. I still haven't added the extra flowers and cake I would like.....
    Elizabeth & Carlos
    Engaged 5-14-08
    Planning out the main event =)

http://tickers.Ticke....a502/event.png

#12 paradisus_bride

paradisus_bride
    • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:01 PM

I'm getting married the the Paradisus Palma Real on Dec. 5, 2008and the invoice is already at about $9500. That is with their most inclusive package, ceremony, cocktail hour, private reception, centerpeices, dj, tents, outside dance floor, ambiance lights, and cake. I see these other estimates and I feel like I'm paying too much to only have 40 guests. and thats not even including the photoraphy and videography.

#13 paradisus_bride

paradisus_bride
      • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:43 AM

Yeah, I was expecting to pay about $14,000 including photography and videography service and I'm getting everything I wanted so I'm very pleased. And yes, I am so excited. I have 8 days till I'm in Punta Cana and 10 days till I'm walking down the aisle. I can't wait!!!

Tira

#14 jarauz

jarauz
        • 251 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:42 AM

paradisus_bride,

I'm so excited for you. I have been very nervous about the whole budget myself. That is why I will be traveling down to the resort (Paradisus Punta Cana) in January 8-11. we just got out flight tickets in the mail. We're very excited. It's extra money but at least I can go down plan everything and see the invoice in my own hands...lol...lol....I don't want to be surprised.

I was at the Paradisus Palma Real in Aug07, and let me tell you it was beautiful. I had no complaints at all. The staff was awsome. I enjoyed every minute of it. I wish I would of had my wedding there but since most of my friends where all ready there for my friends wedding, I decided to choose PPC.

Angie, did you get to plan/choose all your decorations and flowers while you where there. Did you see any centerpieces? How where they?? Was it expensive??

Jess

#15 chika

chika
          • 147 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

Our entire wedding bill upon checkout was $2000. We had a private reception for 34 people (Gold Package), video, caribbean trio, speakers for the reception, bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, had my hair done, had cake, champagne toasts, etc. We were married at Dreams Punta Cana. If you want more details let me know.

#16 KHarrod

KHarrod
            • 902 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by chika
              Our entire wedding bill upon checkout was $2000. We had a private reception for 34 people (Gold Package), video, caribbean trio, speakers for the reception, bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, had my hair done, had cake, champagne toasts, etc. We were married at Dreams Punta Cana. If you want more details let me know.
              Do you still have the menu for the gold package? Was the cake good? Im so nervouse about the resort because I've read too many bad reviews about the weddings there. Did you have a legal or symbolic ceremony?

#17 chika

chika
              • 147 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KHarrod
                Do you still have the menu for the gold package? Was the cake good? Im so nervouse about the resort because I've read too many bad reviews about the weddings there. Did you have a legal or symbolic ceremony?
                The menu we chose was crabcakes (excellent), wild mushroom soup (loved it), steak and shrimp (also very good) and tiramisu (didn't like it very much but there were other options). There are four options for each course, but you have to pick the same for everyone. The food was all excellent at this resort, no complaints from any of our guests.

The cake was AWESOME. The best wedding cake I've ever eaten and in fact our guests said the same. Most liked it better than the dessert and there was plenty for everyone! It was so moist. We chose vanilla.

Click the image to open in full size.

We did the symbolic ceremony, which was conducted by the wedding coordinator. Maria was our coordinator and she was great to work with, though some of our guests couldn't understand through her thick accent. In fact, when we repeated our vows we weren't sure sometimes of what she said. Just to be forewarned so you can memorize your vows! We were legally married here in Canada before we left.

#18 KHarrod

KHarrod
                • 902 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

Thanks Chica, that makes me feel better about the resort.

#19 natashakc

natashakc
                  • 77 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

Hi there!
                    May I ask what travel agent you used to secure such a great deal for your guests? We are being married November 2009 and were looking at the RIU palace Punta Cana but found it to be over our guest budget of $1500. We have been now looking at Gran Bahia for that budget, but if you have any info....
                    Thanks!
                    natasha
                    Natasha & JoeGran Bahia Principe Bavaro, Punta CanaNovember 16th, 2009http://img.weddingco...vo5osqfalgz.png

#20 tania809

tania809
                    • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hello! Your total amount is great! I want to have about 50 people in my wedding this summer but I want to know if all of your guests are staying there and if they accept kids. How is the communication with the WC?? Thanks for your time! Happy planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users