Photo

total wedding cost?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dainanewell

dainanewell
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

For those who have been married in the dominican - can you please tell us all how much you paid for your wedding?.....thanks so much

#2 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
    • 204 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

Hey there... The cost of the wedding is going to vary on the different elements you want. Private reception, nice flowers, or a nice cake are going to cost extra.

It all depends! Sorry for the fague answer! :)

#3 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
      • 204 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

...one more thing...if you search through out this forum you will find the various cost sheets that resorts have!

Hope this helps!

#4 LindsayG

LindsayG
        • 95 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

As said above, it really can vary.

I am doing a simple ceremony, with a beach buffet reception for about 25 people. The only "extras" we are getting is the Trio for ceremony music and a sound system for the reception. Total for the package is about $3750 including tax and surcharges.

That of course, does not include my stay.
          Lindsay & Billy
          July 11, 2008
          Paradisus Punta Cana

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

it definately varies a lot, if you want to see the actual costs for the Paradisus Palma Real pm me your email address, i can forward you the cost worksheet that lists the different options for reception and ceremony. I would say that i'm having about 32 people and it's costing me around $8000 including tax and tips.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 raquelmaddox1

raquelmaddox1
            • 22 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

I also have papers that I can email you from Paradisus Punta Cana. The most important factor is the number of guests attending, and then figuring out what extra or custom elements you want to add to your wedding.

#7 Otis1230

Otis1230
              • 130 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

My wedding was at the paradisus punta cana!!! 24 people including us... We had several extras- we did a private reception, dj, firedancers, upgraded cake & flowers
                Total 5800.00 but our photographer we booked separate- outside the resort. So, thats a separate cost..What is so expensive is the sales tax its 16% on my invoice. So, really it was less than 5800.00 but thats including the ridiciolous tax
                Michael & Lisa
                April 25th, 2008
                Paradisus Punta Cana

#8 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

Hmmm....Let's see the wedding/reception will be about $5,000.00 This includes the entire wedding package (ceremony, flowers, dinner,drinks, cake reception, live music, massages for bride and groom ect) photography, my dress, and his suite. Travel expenses are seperate. About $1,500.00 Per Person (that includes 7 night stay and round-trip airfare)

#9 raquelmaddox1

raquelmaddox1
                  • 22 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

off topic- sorry -

Jenn - did you get your Jenn & Chris monogram done by Sproullie Designs? Love it...thinking about getting one done.

#10 MrsPetti2Be

MrsPetti2Be
                    • 24 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

We are getting married at the Riu Palace Punta Cana next May. We are going with the most expensive package which is $2600 - this includes flowers, centerpieces, cake, photographer, hairdo, manicure, pedicure, massages, cake & champagne for the guests (50 or more), reception, flower petals for our flower girl, etc. Pretty much everything you need is included. We are doing a private reception in one of their restaurants with a DJ which is $800 extra. They are creating a 3 tier cake in any colour that I would like and I am bring sea shells for them to decorate the cake with...they are doing all of this for free. So pretty much we are getting our entire wedding for about $3100 and we have about 50 guests right now but we can go up to 100 guests and it will still be the same cost. The resort is also very reasonably priced, it is a 5 1/2 star resort and we will only be paying about $1500 per person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users